Innovative Marine Aquariums

Will It be a problem if I add a clown fish with my 5 Damsels?

oscar5453

I have had 5 damsels for more than a year now. I have a 55 gallon tank. I didn't think they'd survive so long since I saw them as starter fish but anyways they all made it and are doing well. But now I want more fancy fish in my tank and can't imagine getting rid of my 5 damsels. Can I add a couple of Clown fish?

-Oscar

NO thats fish food to 5 damsels lol unless you get those out your full on fish...............of course nothing a Lionfish couldnt handle for ya

:o That's horrible. LOL. Nah I couldn't do that. They have been very good with me. Hmmm...I might have to give them away then. People told me not to get rid of me arrow crab cuz he'd cause havoc ( I had bought him by accident thinking he'd be good)...but I kept him anyways and he has been doing great and hasn't harmed anything in my tank. I've had him for 5 months.

Any second opinions?

Anyone in my local area that might want to buy them?

:o That's horrible. LOL. Nah I couldn't do that. They have been very good with me. Hmmm...I might have to give them away then. People told me not to get rid of me arrow crab cuz he'd cause havoc ( I had bought him by accident thinking he'd be good)...but I kept him anyways and he has been doing great and hasn't harmed anything in my tank. I've had him for 5 months.

Any second opinions?

Anyone in my local area that might want to buy them?

nobody will like damsels.they are just devils.

They seem very friedly to me and I havent had problems as of yet. They are not like the FW Ciclids or nothing like that.

IMO damsels work best in a damsel-only tank or in an aggressive tank.

I wouldnt put a clownfish in there. Just me though.

IMO damsels work best in a damsel-only tank or in an aggressive tank.

I wouldnt put a clownfish in there. Just me though.

I agree....unless you can get a big maroon clown...let them see whose the boss.

Yeh....I have decided that I need to sell or give away my poor damsels. It's time I think to move to the nicer fish.

What fish a compatible with the Clowns? Are the Agressive fish nicer than the docile fish like the Clowns?

-Oscar

Yeh....I have decided that I need to sell or give away my poor damsels. It's time I think to move to the nicer fish.

What fish a compatible with the Clowns? Are the Agressive fish nicer than the docile fish like the Clowns?

-Oscar

I really really wish you luck in removing those Nazi's (Damsels). I have one and it's still in there, LOL. I cant get rid of him. You will see that they are fish on speed. They are fast dude.

if you do remove them, i suggest you put a tomato clown.striking color yet not aggressive.then try and get a yellow wasse.Add on a goby.

clown will move about in the tank.

yellow wasse will prowl about in the day-noon and will hide(in sand or liverock openings).

a goby will entertain with its funny actions and look and will be on the sand bed most of the time.

if you wanna add one more fish, add a green chromi.

nobody will like damsels.they are just devils.

i have 1 nice damsel but he gets picked on....and my other damsels picket on my other fish i added, and killed him(royal gramma),i would expect the clown to be stressed in such an enviroment.

Lots of rock which is good for your bio-load but they will have to be large agressive fish if you get one. No False or True Percu just Marrons or Clakiis but they can be mean too. Damsels are great fish just thats all you can have in a tank their mean little fish. I still vote borrow a Lion Trigger or somthing like that its not worth taking your tank apart and casing them with a net all afternoon.

would this be considered too much rock? :D

thats really a lot of liverocks to me...i wonder when you are feeding them, you just swoop a net and catch them?is that possible?

Yeh I do have a lot of live rock when i get my fish food out they know when they are about to get fed because they all huddle up and go on the glass towards me. I think if I feed them then net them it shouldn't be a problem. I think I want to go for a more docile environment. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

Yeh I do have a lot of live rock when i get my fish food out they know when they are about to get fed because they all huddle up and go on the glass towards me. I think if I feed them then net them it shouldn't be a problem. I think I want to go for a more docile environment. We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

good luck then.

Archived