Innovative Marine Aquariums

my first piece of rock

scobri

hey everyone...Im happy to say Ive added my first piece of figi rock to tank...will be getting more shortly..has some nice purple coraline on it already...any thoughts on what that tube is on top of rock?...

have also discovered what I think is some type of anemone on back side of rock...will try to get a pic of that to show as well....

i was so excited to show...i forgot to add the pic...hope I did this correctly....

7gal bow, 2x28 pc, southdown sand

first rock is only 3 lbs

In your second pic I think I can see a pic of aptasia. That ain't necessarily good by any means, but everyone seems to have a problem with these pesky anemones at some time or the other. They sting other corals and reproduce fast... There are several ways to get rid of them, the best of which is the natural way. Peppermint  Shrimp eat these things and if you add one before that one gets to big, it will take care of that one and any future ones that you might have... Almost positives after second glance that that is what you have. GL, hth,

gaber

here is another pic of that hitchhiker on my rock,,,can someone tell me what it is?....will it survive cycle of tank?..

7gal bow, 2x28 pc, southdown sand, 3lbs of figi to start....getting more in next day or twohitchhiker.jpg

thanks for the info Gabe...for now I guess he will stay safe in there as Im still getting more rock,,if he survives the cycle maybe he will be dinner in the future...what can I feed him in the mean time...or should I not even bother?...he loos pretty happy in that spot he is in

Archived