my 12g nano

gstatton

here is the progression of my 12g nano

Day 1

76251017_fada73cf35.jpg?v=0

End of Month-2

85792063_a4e3800072.jpg?v=0

as of right now, it has stock 24w 50/50 bulbs, but awaiting the arrival of my lighting upgrade for 2x24w 50/50 bulbs...

no fish now....was thinking about maybe adding one....or making this reef only, and adding fish in my (still underconstruction) AGA 20H w/10g sum/fuge....

i like it our those skunks paired up?

They're just cleaner shrimp...they weren't the biggest fan's of eachother at first...but they get along great now! when stocking i was working off the buddy system..

:P

I kind of want to add a pair of false-perc's into the mix, but do you guys think the tank is too small?

picture of my hammer:

90868110_85cef0e1ac.jpg?v=0

I seem to have this small red bubble algea? growing out of that LR....i have recently seen two other small bubbles on another rock....anyone able to tell me what it is?

(higher res photo here: http://static.flickr.com/22/90868110_85cef0e1ac_o.jpg )

i think it's just some sort of red-macro algea.....but not sure if it's something to keep or something to get rid of, or something to just keep my eye on...

thanks...

If you notice that the red bubble algae doesn't get bigger than say 2x/3x the size of a pencil point, I would seriously scrape it off. Red bubble algae is the worst kind of bubble algae you can get. It spreads fast and most critters won't eat it, not even Emerald Crabs.

If you notice that the red bubble algae doesn't get bigger than say 2x/3x the size of a pencil point, I would seriously scrape it off. Red bubble algae is the worst kind of bubble algae you can get. It spreads fast and most critters won't eat it, not even Emerald Crabs.

agreed, but i love your blastos!!!

agreed, but i love your blastos!!!

thank you very much! i will try to scrape them off when i get home tonight...should i use just anything?

Those Candy Cane's are finally starting to look a bit better....one of my LFS's here had a buch of more "nano-sized frags" (which was nice) but they didn't keep them under great lights....so he's coming around....i need to start feeding him.

• 1 month later...

here's an updated FTS of the nano..

i've added some zoa's (oragne-skirt/blue center and green-skirt/orange center) a single green blaso frag, a favia (green/red) and my kenya is fragging itself..also there's a shot of my only fish, a six-line...he's great!

105011423_4b02bdc3eb.jpg

105011427_d2a9b185fd.jpg

enjoy...

i am also in the process of starting my aga 20H w/ 5.5g sump....i'll post pics of that later...it just finished it's cycle....god this stuff is adicting...

/g

Archived