Pod Your Reef

will cheato disappear if added during cycling process?

scarf_ace1981

scarf_ace1981

i added a small amount of cheato to my 10g while it cycled and it has disappeared. lighthing cold have been an issue. i corrected that problem yesterday. can something else kill off cheato?

there is just a minute piece that i will try to revive. cheato is pretty inexpensive so i'm not worried much.

Did it have a food (nitrates and ammoina) that might have been why also what light were you using that could have been it those are the 2 most important things.... and SW

TheL.C.Reefer

seems strange that it just disappeared like that...in anycase, do a water change on your tank, because whatever nutrients the chaeto had in it, it just released it in your tank...what lighting did you have on it anyways?

scarf_ace1981

well i originally got a package on ebay: 5# LR, 1#LS and some cheato and some other red macro. so i filled up a 10g w/ SW and a whisper for flow. i placed the cheato in the whisper but when i got back from vacation the cheato I guess flowed out the whisper and got stuck in the filter intake.

i have placed the cheato and the red macro (which seems to be growing) back in the whisper and bought a strip light and placed it on top of the whisper. it could have been the suction from the intake and poor light. i guess we'll see in a month or so if everything has been fixed.

Archived