ReefCleaners.org

What's the best way to automate my CA and ALK dosing?

Philip

aside from a calcium reactor :P

I only need maybe, 7-10 ML of 2 part per day, I have not seen many dosing pumps that can do so little, or I can build a kalk reactor and plumb it into my topoff, or... what if I calculate how much topoff water I need on average per day and dose my topoff water with b-ionic, say if I use 1 gallon per day and I have a 5 gallon makeup container, dose it with 5 days worth of b-ionic, for some reason it sounds like a dumb idea.

The problem with doing it with top off water is that evap will vary depending on season (unless you have ac to keep your house at a constant temp all year long). There are two channel dosing pumps that will do as low as 7.2ml per day of each component with the pump running 24/7. You can find them on ebay and other places.

The problem with doing it with top off water is that evap will vary depending on season (unless you have ac to keep your house at a constant temp all year long). There are two channel dosing pumps that will do as low as 7.2ml per day of each component with the pump running 24/7. You can find them on ebay and other places.

best, and simplest idea to make keeping a reef very easy - although you can make it even easier by just dosing kalkwasser instead of a two-part. That's what I do and all I have to do is feed the fish, and everything else is taken care of :D

best, and simplest idea to make keeping a reef very easy - although you can make it even easier by just dosing kalkwasser instead of a two-part. That's what I do and all I have to do is feed the fish, and everything else is taken care of :D

if I was going to dose kalk I'd run a reactor and dose it with my topoff, I've done that in the past and it worked OK.

I'll keep an eye out for a 2 channel pump. The ones you see for sale here and on RC seem to be fixed output.

2 channels are just too expensive! I've gone kalk ... tank not too big so a calcium reactor is not justifiable .. :)

Getting my plumbing together as we speak to hook up the kalk reactor (dosing pump went bad so I got another spare i'm hooking up :) .....

Archived