Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

55g carnivore tank

drbegalke

would they try to eat eachother? if not, itsd be a real sweet tank, just make sure it can handle a high bio-load

Ya, it'll be a FOWLR so I'm going to run a Lifegard system with fludized bed, a Remora, and a 'fuge.

I would say no to the Angler, they are tough to feed and can not compete for food, but if you really want the angler than no to the lion....lol

Anglers and Lions are predators of one another, the difference of who eats who is just dependant on which is bigger at the time. These are two predators that can not be mixed.....

The trigger can be in there but it can only stay for 1 1/2- 2 - 2 1/2 years because of the growth rate. The Blue throat is a slower grower, it is from the Xanthichthys family & can go in with snails, Urchins & sometimes shrimp (as long as the shrimp is much larger). This species can even go in a reef tank.

The trigger can be in there but it can only stay for 1 1/2- 2 - 2 1/2 years because of the growth rate. The Blue throat is a slower grower, it is from the Xanthichthys family & can go in with snails, Urchins & sometimes shrimp (as long as the shrimp is much larger). This species can even go in a reef tank.

The undulate trigger is smaller.

"The undulate trigger is smaller."

The Undulatus is a smaller trigger as an adult but we are talking about a 55g with tank mates. The undulated kills just to kill..... it is also recommended that the Undy is kept alone with no tank mates, that is one mean trigger......

it's generally not a good idea to house triggers with lions because triggers like to pick at the longer fins on the lions. blue jaws are usually one of the more docile of triggers though, and dwarfs don't have the long fins like the volitan's, so i'd say go for it but keep your eyes on the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
bonecrusher71

:D Hi all my fellow reefers.

Im intrested in starting a FOWLR 55g tank so far i have 40lbs of live sand a bak pak skimmer a 900 and 1200 maxi jet power heads since its fish only light is not a concern so stock light should be sufficent right? :huh: CEASER777 if your there

what would you suggest?

Im intrested in lion fish trigger or grouper angel Koran Queen or Bluefaced and

a Moray Eel of some sort now mind you i want Juviniles which will eventuly grow

Ohh yeah 25lbs of live rock will be added also.

later after they out grow ill put them in a 125g tank :P

anyways,

since this is my 1st large tank any input would be cool thanks in advance. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have 210g to house my;

Black V-Lion 10"

Niger 5"

Snowflake 14"

Blue Face Angle

Emperator Angle

Yellow Head Sleeper Goby

Stars and Stripes Puffer 5"

Blue Spot Toby

Large Yellow Tang

Hippo Tang

And a few Chromis swimin' for their lives :D

5 Skunk Cleaner shrimp

1 Red Banded Coral Shrimp

snails and hermits.

No issues with compatability. My Toby likes to nip at every one every once and a while (even me, that little bastid!)

Next addition will probably be a Pink Tail Trig.

HTH,

Fredy

• 1 month later...

Archived