shrimp pairing question

jss8422

So I just read Claude's "pistol shrimp warning" and the post was talking about pairing shrimp with gobys. I put my skunk cleaner in my tank today, and he is being shy. Is this because I have not paired him with a fish? Do I have to pair shrimp with fish? I don't have any fish in my tank right now (check my sig for my tank)... My second question is, will my bioload be at an overflow if I were to add a second shrimp on top of getting my fish? Bumblebee shrimp are the cats pajamas and I was thinking about getting one...

I put my skunk cleaner in my tank today, and he is being shy. Is this because I have not paired him with a fish? Do I have to pair shrimp with fish?
No, and No.Skunk cleaners aren't the same as pistols. Pistol shrimp have a symbiotic relationship w/some types of goby's.

My second question is, will my bioload be at an overflow if I were to add a second shrimp on top of getting my fish?
What type of fish?How many?

Bumblebee shrimp are the cats pajamas and I was thinking about getting one...
Again, what kind of fish?

Stick w/ one or the other IMO. You could do 2 Firefish or 2 gobies, or 1 of each, but 1 clown IMO. Some will say 2 clowns is ok but IMO it's too much bioload on a 12 gal systen.

I have a question. About my future bio-load and if you think it will be too much. I would like to get a pistol shrimp with a goby because I think their relationship is very interesting. I currently have a blood shrimp but also want to add a cleaner (skunk) shrimp. That would be three shrimp...too much? I also have a goby right now but would like to get a watchman for the pistol and have two clowns. Is this to much of a load?

Archived