Innovative Marine Aquariums

Glueing a LPS

SCUBALeah

Hello,

I got some Candy cane coral from the fish store for free because it was dammaged. The Crown is now comming off of the stalk and one of the members suggested that instead of letting it fall off and die that I glue it to a rock and see if it makes it. The coral that is falling off looks very healthy and puffed up but it is still comming off.

I got some Krazy Glue Gel becuase someone said that this is what works best. Since I do want to try and save this polyp and glue it onto the rock. If I use a touch of Krazy glue is it going to hurt my tank? Is it going to kill anything in there? I want to be sure before I try it. I don't want to loose a ton of money in corals just trying to save a piece of free coral. What do you think? Has anyone ever used Krazy glue gel? Let me know! Any imput is appreciated.

Hello,

I got some Candy cane coral from the fish store for free because it was dammaged. The Crown is now comming off of the stalk and one of the members suggested that instead of letting it fall off and die that I glue it to a rock and see if it makes it. The coral that is falling off looks very healthy and puffed up but it is still comming off.

I got some Krazy Glue Gel becuase someone said that this is what works best. Since I do want to try and save this polyp and glue it onto the rock. If I use a touch of Krazy glue is it going to hurt my tank? Is it going to kill anything in there? I want to be sure before I try it. I don't want to loose a ton of money in corals just trying to save a piece of free coral. What do you think? Has anyone ever used Krazy glue gel? Let me know! Any imput is appreciated.

Krazy glue works OK, I had a hammer die becuase of crazy glue. I would look into an aqua stik. Basically quik steel for aquariums (JB weld?)

The flesh is coming off the skeleton? Nothing will fix that; it's toast if that's the case. If you mean gluing the branching skeleton to the rocks, that's fine. Any cyanoacrylate glue (read the back; will read "warning: contains cyanoacrylate") will work fine, and harden underwater. Harmless to your tank.

Oh great thank you!

Caesar here's a pic of what I was trying to explain, I circled the trouble spots.

post-17377-1137469063_thumb.jpg

This was yesterday, the piece on the right is now holding on by a thread and will be gone in afew hours should I just let it go? Maybe take it out of the tank and flush it?

Yea, gotta leave it alone and hope it heals itself. Maybe siphon off any brown, melty stuff. Other than that, "drink some water and walk it off", as they say in the army.

Archived