Beginner Questions?

Down on the Farm

Down on the Farm

I have three questions about my tank I haven't been at this very long, I read alot on the forum so if I have forgotten anything please ask me. Any response would be great.

1. I have a 25g Nano with a sebae clown and anemone. The clown wants nothing to do with the anemone they have been together for a week now. This is my second sebae anenome the first one past on for unknown reasons, but my sebae would go to that one. Does anyone have any ideas, in time will there be a chance for the two or would it help if I was to move the anemone around the tank in hope the two would come together.

2. I also have a Coral Beauty it is quite small , I have read a few forums about these fish being hard on coral. I have seen the beauty picking at my coral not always in the same spot or staying at the same spot for very long. Should I been concerned.

3. My last question is how often do most people add there chemicals.

It can take weeks or months for a clown to decide to host. Even then you might not like what they decide to host in.

What kind of lighting do you have, and how long has your tank been running?

Angels are for the most part not considered reef safe. There are some who have good luck with them in a reef, but most do not. If it's picking, that behavior will likely get worse from what I have seen.

What are you adding?

Down on the Farm

My tank has been going for three months now tand type of chemicals that I have been putting in are Tech .CB calcium buffer Part A&B and Essential elements mineral supplement. The lighting is stock for the 24g nano cube which is 2-36w 50/50 dual spectrum bulbs.

I'm no expert... but the lighting in that tank seems to be lacking for the sebae anemone. You may have jumped the gun if you are going on your second anemone in just three months of running the tank. Most aemones require a very stable enviroment and that usually means a well established tank. Its hard for a tank to get well established in just a few months. I might lay off the supplements unless your testing shows you need them and then only add them when your testing shows you need them.

i did this when my clown wouldnt go to the anenome and it works too! 1...go to google and clik on images and type in ''clownfish in anemone'' and pics will come up.2....pick a picture that sort of repusentes your anemone 3....print the picture out and tape it on the window of yur awaurium and it will give the clown the idea to go into the anemone and have him protect the clown.....i know its kinda weird but i tryed it after a friend told me and it does work so....Good Luck

I had an anenome for my clownfish and they never even looked at the anenome, let alone hosted. I have seen, however that clowns will host to anything from hammer coral, to Green Star Polyps to feather dusters. Time will tell. I have heard the pictures working.

Do not move the anenome. He will move himself when he needs a better spot in the tank. Just let him be, and if the clown wants to host, he will find the anenome.

Down on the Farm

Good News

It seems all it took was me asking the question on the forum and the clown went right to the anemone last night when the lights went off. If thats all it takes for any of my other problems then this could be a peace of cake LoL. Thanks for the ideas I'm kind of glad the fish went to the anemone if I would have taped the picture to my tank my wife would have thought I was off my rocker, but it would have been worth a try.

Archived