Innovative Marine Aquariums

yellow clown goby in a pico?

drbegalke

my lfs has had a .5 gallon pico with a yellow clown goby for over a year with no problems. i have one in a 1.6. they don't really do anything, so if you keep the water clean he'll be fine (i'd add him before corals and get the water right). just make sure you see him eat before you buy him. your money, your fish, your tank, you make the call.

yellow clown gobies are notorious for being picky eaters, I wouldn't do it

ditto... plus, I don't know of any fish you can really keep in a pico less than 1 gallon.

I'm not saying what PUFG posted is not ture, I've just never seen it.

Are you sure they don't just drop a new goby in every month or so?

;)

fishybusiness

I have a citron clown goby, and it seems to like to feed at its lesiure. I have to put a nice amount of food into the water column because the clown will snatch it. I think they need larger tanks to be able to support their feeding requirements. If it is fat and eats readily, I guess it would be fine.

I have a citron clown goby, and it seems to like to feed at its lesiure. I have to put a nice amount of food into the water column because the clown will snatch it. I think they need larger tanks to be able to support their feeding requirements. If it is fat and eats readily, I guess it would be fine.

It's rougly 8x5x5.

I'm going to try the yellow clow goby, he doesn't move much at all in my 12g.

I have had terrible luck with these fish in my 2.5 gallon pico and my 12 gallon nano. If they don't jump out, or if you find a really small one who can avoid getting his guts sucked out of a pump intake, maybe you will be ok.

Personally, I think these fish need a larger reef tank to thrive due to their eating habbits... Problem is, in a larger tank, you never can find them if you have enough live rock for them to pick food off of.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck

David

• 2 weeks later...

Archived