Pod Your Reef

Would this work?

shag26272

Could I put one of these on the back of my NC6 and then put a hang on skimmer on the back of the hang on filter? what one would work?

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1137324311012

wait i just realized if the pump on the power filter stopped the tank would overflow from the skimmer maybe its a dumb idea

you honestly dont need a skimmer in a 6 gal tank, unless of coarse you have a ton of fish and a huge bio-load..... I dont think using a skimmer for bigger tank is reall gonna remove enough waste to benifit the tank because theres such little waste to begin with. But to each his own i guess because i've seen some of the stuff my prizm skimmer pulls out of my 30 gal reef.... I can honestly say, i will never start a tank without a skimmer..

yeah i know i dont need it , just kicking around a few ideas.I think i am gonna get it drilled and use a 10 gallon sump My main concern is cooling the water maybe with a fan blowing across the sump because I am using a 70 watt MH, gonna check when i get time with the LFS in my area to see if he will do it for me.

Archived