inTank Media Baskets

too many fish for a 20?

Philip

For my 20 I've decided I'd like:

1 false perc clown

1 flasher wrasse

1 coral beauty or flame angel, but probably the CB.

and of course a cleaner shrimp.

Do you think I'm overstocking?

For my 20 I've decided I'd like:

1 false perc clown

1 flasher wrasse

1 coral beauty or flame angel, but probably the CB.

and of course a cleaner shrimp.

Do you think I'm overstocking?

I would say as well...skip the angel or CB. Too small of a tank. 55gal or more for angels. Plus if you want corals, the angels will eat it.

I would also advise on getting a pair of false percs. They do well together and are fun to watch. You can still have your wrasse and shrimp.

just a warning, flasher wrasses are very, very prone to jumping. I would make sure you have a cover or canopy on the tank that has no way it can get out.

Would skip the angel as well, the get fairly large for a 20g.

Sometimes flames will nip, I've had no problem with them in the past in larger tanks.

I think I'll skip the flasher in favor of a six line, they had a very nice specimen at the LFS sunday, I liked it.

I really want THREE kinds of fish for some reason, but not really more than 3 fish. Maybe I'm weird :D

2 clowns and a six line sounds like a crowd on their own, we'll see I guess.

I have a clown (tru perc) a six line and a firefish and they all seem to tolerate each other so far. Sometimes my tru perc will flip out and go after my six line tho.. I would recommend an Ocellaris .. I think they are less agressive and I wish I had gone that route.

BTW I have a 20h and I might even consider a fourth small fish because I have a good skimmer.. many would probably disagree with that decision tho.

They are very touchy about space too and will probley be pretty agressive in a 20g with more than one other fish I vote no on the angel too. As for the nipping that could be horriable to a nanos reef (less coral to eat)

2clowns

6line

Goby/shrimp

mabye later a pur FF

Archived