Cultivated Reef

Yellow tang w/ ich?

Regal Tang

I was think of FW dipping...

Leave him alone or you'll kill him. One minute he's in a bag, the next he's in the tank.....

Just leave him.

Soak his food with some fresh garlic clove cut in 4, for 20 mins. Remove Garlic then serve.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just take him out of the tank, and behead the little guy to put him out of his misery. Then listen to 15 hours of lectures on why its not good to keep a tang in a 12 g, even temporarily. At least this is what the tang police would have you do! Just kidding...dont do that.

Cleaners will work as a preventative however most wont get the ich that can be found in gills and other places that cleaners cant get to.

You can try the fresh water dip but this wont always cure him. Still best case scenario, go and buy a 10 g tank for like 10 bucks at petsmart. Throw an airstone in there with a small heater (if possible). Prepare some new saltwater and add some copper based medicine. BEst stuff for it. I think you have to leave it in there for several days until all the ich is gone. Then put him back in the tank and hope to god your neighbor comes back soon to continue the treatments...

Otherwise, this is beginning to sound like a troll thread...not sure...just thinking it...

freshwater dipping is a very very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey veryvery very verey very stressful thing to do to a fish, let alone one that is already on it's last fins.

get a big enough QT tank, keep the water clean, feed it every day, water change every week with NO other organisms (because that is what quarentine means.... nothing else in the tank.)

OK... now im going to stop trying to help

rretarded.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Tangs are very nervous fish that catch illness faster than you can medicate, stay clear of them when you don't have the proper hardware for them.

Sorry you learned the hard way!!!

Mike

why are people saying its alright to keep the tang in a 12, and why is no one commenting on the fact that he also has a mandarin in there? I havent been on the forums in a while, but have i missed something about how we are not to warn people of keeping fish in terrible living conditions?

hahahah....ok i gave the tang to my neighbor and he bought a QT tank for it and put him in quarintine! oh and as far as the mandarin goes...you shouldnt be talking about me having a mandarin, because you dont know the first thing about the mandarin so dont prejudge. He eats frozen, pellets, flakes, green seaweed(dont ask). also he has gotten way fatter since i picked him up from the LFS. People like lekic only read about how mandarins have failed in nanos....and if there are successful ones you just flame the people for it! so i dont want to hear any lip from you flamers!

.and if there are successful ones you just flame the people for it! so i dont want to hear any lip from you flamers!

Did you just call me a homosexual? :P:lol:

Did you just call me a homosexual? :P:lol:

lol!!!

I read in a book that mandarines never survive very well on prepared foods only, and they need 100 gallons per mandarine or other pod eating creature. That's just for live pods though. They also need a good fuge for pods to spawn in.

But hey, I've never kept one, so I can't say anything. Keep us updated on your mandarine. I plan to keep one in my 82g, which will have a 30 gallon fuge. We'll see how it goes.

mines getting fat in a 2 1/2month old 12 gallon...although he eats anything...hahah! but it is my favorite fish BY FAR! i highly reccommend them!

very cool, can you take pix of it?

my camera sucks.....BADLY...it cant get that much detail, but i did a FW dip and all the ich came off!!!!!!!!!...im going to do this routinely(2 more days)...and tell you how it goes...i put him in for 8 mins...looked like he was going to die within the first 30 seconds! LOL! and yes he is going to a 90 gallon..so no need to worry!

im glad your mandarin eats frozed food but they still require pods in their diet. I had one in a 75, eat frozen mysis and brine. Had it for a little over a year, until the pod population diminished and it died. I aksed around on reefcentral and they told me they needs pods no matter what. I have guilty, and just want to look out for a lovely fish. I dont think its right for you to get angry at people who are trying to look out for the the fish's best interest. The mandarin should have great short term health in your thank, id be careful in the long run though.

im glad your mandarin eats frozed food but they still require pods in their diet. I had one in a 75, eat frozen mysis and brine. Had it for a little over a year, until the pod population diminished and it died. I aksed around on reefcentral and they told me they needs pods no matter what. I have guilty, and just want to look out for a lovely fish. I dont think its right for you to get angry at people who are trying to look out for the the fish's best interest. The mandarin should have great short term health in your thank, id be careful in the long run though.

Doesnt make sense. Why would they need pods if there are getting enough food to eat from the daily feeding of frozen food. Of course, this would only be possible if the reefer watched teh mandarin eat up his food every night. The brine is worthless, but if you could get him to eat mysis shrimp regularly and other things, I wouldnt think there should be a problem.

Do you think this is a metabolism issue, kind of like what I have heard about seahorses? Best case scenario, feed three times a day with live food. Maybe the mandarin has the same requirements...

Doesnt make sense. Why would they need pods if there are getting enough food to eat from the daily feeding of frozen food. Of course, this would only be possible if the reefer watched teh mandarin eat up his food every night. The brine is worthless, but if you could get him to eat mysis shrimp regularly and other things, I wouldnt think there should be a problem.

Do you think this is a metabolism issue, kind of like what I have heard about seahorses? Best case scenario, feed three times a day with live food. Maybe the mandarin has the same requirements...

I does make sence(pods are like fruits and vegies to them) while brine is just meat...you cant live on just meat!!!! ...but i'm also going to have a podfarm....so yea!

I does make sence(pods are like fruits and vegies to them) while brine is just meat...you cant live on just meat!!!! ...but i'm also going to have a podfarm....so yea!

Read my post again...LOL! It doesnt make sense. I too think that brine is worthless. Mysis is much better and I cant imagine that a steady diet of only pods is any better than a steady diet of only mysis. Is mysis shrimp as a fruits and veggies any different from pods?

I like Regal Tang. He's like the retarded kid that used to sit in the back of the classroom and yell stuff out at random times and poop his pants when he got scared.

I like Regal Tang. He's like the retarded kid that used to sit in the back of the classroom and yell stuff out at random times and poop his pants when he got scared.

:lol::lol::lol:

tomarrow its going in my neighbors 90

You're a freaking idiot, oh forgot to meantion that im in gate(highest level of class...so maybe nuhtty would know what im talking about) and have all A's so i doubt im retarded! you have yet to say somthing smart, and what i was trying to say was, MANDARINS NEED A BALANCED DIET!

tomarrow its going in my neighbors 90

You're a freaking idiot, oh forgot to meantion that im in gate(highest level of class...so maybe nuhtty would know what im talking about) and have all A's so i doubt im retarded! you have yet to say somthing smart, and what i was trying to say was, MANDARINS NEED A BALANCED DIET!

Oh...you're in gate...well then, in that case I apologize.

All A's you say?

Any spelling class?

Archived