inTank Media Baskets

Shrimp with agressive fish

Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe

Well, heres a question that I shouln't even waste my time asking.  Has anyone had luck adding any particular specied of shrimp to a tank with a fairly agressive/territorial fish?  My orchid dottyback can be pretty mean and hates most anything (emerald crab excluded) getting close to his rocks.  For this reason I've always assumed any shrimp would be made short work of.  What about a larger, more aggressive shrimp like a big coral banded though?  Maybe even an arrow crab (let the flames begin)?

Well, any responses would be appreciated.  The tank is a 20H with the dottyback and a false percula, along with a rater large and diverse cleanup crew.

Well lets put it this way, I dont know if all are the same.. but my Coral banded shrimp chases my lionfish around and pinches my eel on the head on a regular basis... lol

I had a coral banded that used to ride my Picaso Trigger by grabbin a fin as he went by.

Sooner rather than later the trigger ate my coral banded when he got big enough. What comes around goes around.

Toy

Archived