Cultivated Reef

protein skimming emergency

andrew714

the collection cup keeps filling up with water and i have to go dump it every 30minutes. after about an hour i need to add more saltwater. this is getting annoying. i just installed the skimmer last night. its a coralife super skimmer 65 gallon in a 12 gallon nano

damn that's a pretty hefty skimmer for a NC... you can adjust the arm or soemthing like that to the levels you want... up or down will either increase or decrease. I'm assuming it's design is similar to an ASM skimer.

damn that's a pretty hefty skimmer for a NC... you can adjust the arm or soemthing like that to the levels you want... up or down will either increase or decrease. I'm assuming it's design is similar to an ASM skimer.

can i put a check valve at the pump and regulate the flow of the pump?

i have a post tonight talking about these problems. Adjust your needle-wheel and water level dials until the water stops filling the cup. i still don't think the thing works properly, but atleast it will stop the overflow!

Kim

Have you tried adjusting the air intake/etc.? Check the instructions, which should definitely have the cure for this problem (probably the #1 prob with new skimmers).

Archived