Coral Vue Hydros

aquapod not skimming

ESSEX

I noticed that you have to keep your water at the low line to get it to really skim. I am keeping mine at just a little above the low water line and now I am getting more skimming action.

I noticed that you have to keep your water at the low line to get it to really skim. I am keeping mine at just a little above the low water line and now I am getting more skimming action.

thanks for the info

I was looking at the pod the other day. Wouldnt the lower intake vents need to be blocked off for it to really skim. Also your display level would always be the same.

I was looking at the pod the other day. Wouldnt the lower intake vents need to be blocked off for it to really skim. Also your display level would always be the same.

i was thinking that also ...................thanks

if you keep your water level at or below the minium line, wouldnt the water level in the main tank be below the black rim of the tank and look bad?

yeah i dont like the way it looks...

yeah i agree... i can get my level in the chambers low, but i dont like the looks of the low water line in my main tank. so i think i am going to buy some plastic and super glue into chamber 1 to block the vents.

here is the ugly waterline:

post-17515-1137024547.jpg

I forgot to mention I have a minijet 404 in the bottom of the first chamber. The pull on the water helps a lot on the skimming. The water level in the first chamber lower a little and sucks water in well. So the combo of the pump and keeping the water level a liittle lower makes it skim pretty well. But the pump adds 1 degree onto the temps, so I run it at night only.

Archived