black spots on my clownfish

bootchman

Hey was just wondering. my clownfish has some black spots on his body. They maybe under the skin. He acts fine and eats like normal. Are these spots anything to be worried about. Any help would be appreciated.

if it is the same thing that happened to my clowns, it scared the crap out of me at first, but turned out to be nothing to worry about.

supposidly those black spots are from being stung by a new anemone or new coral that they are hosting. Nothing to worry about, just a temp thing while they adjust to the sting of their new host. Won't hurt them at all. Goes away after a bit.

like j86 said you might post a pic just so someone can confirm what it is.

My clowns also have the black spots. I was a little worried at first too, but my hypothesis eventually became stress bruises related to dominance twitching and gender quareling. Ive seen my guys ram pretty had and bite at fins. I know people say false percs are chill, but mine can go at it. Is yours a loner?

But its good to know its a comon phenomena.

Mine has those too.. it is supposidly from brushing up against Anemones and Coral.. ( since i dont have 1 single Anemone in my tank)

Yeah my clown fish is a loner. I have a spagethi coral so maybe he is trying to live in it. But i have not seen any of this behavior yet. THanks for the replies i feel much better.

Archived