Innovative Marine Aquariums

WARNING! AQUAPOD 12 SHOCKING!

Nano93

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know if they will replace it or not. that option was never giving to me. all Ike told me was that their dual timers will correct the problem

A dual timer does not correct the problem.

Even w/ a dual timer, if you unplug one plug for any reason at all, you are exposing your self to a pretty serious risk of shock.

That is pretty serious if ya ask me..lol

Unplugging the cord is a serious risk , if you touch that , and complete the current , that will probally hurt.

Yep.

Sounds like maybe they took a shortcut and tried to put all the lights on the same circuit rather than doing individual circuits for each light.

someone brought this up earlier with the problem of running the lights on the seperate timer and i told them that most likely that both plugs are wired on the same circuit, and then when one is unplugged the other one would still be powered, and now i hear about people getting shocked...lol sorry guys but the wiring is screwed up, and current's excuse for saying thats the way it is wired is absolute bull s*it down with the aquapod, and down with the nano fission skimmer they both suck! sorry just had to vent, im a unhappy current usa product owner.

that sounds like what they did. Your fingers would be the other side of the current , from the other plug that is plugged in...lol this is great!

This is exactly why i stay away from theese nanocubes , and aquapods. With your own set up you know that everything you buy will be good ( if you do it right) and you know everything has good reviews , your tank will be a awesome equipment machine...lol

Is that why the company name is "CURRENT". Just having some fun. :D

Priceless! :lol::lol:

So now we see that Current has it's own issues and isn't the "savior" like they were hyped to be. Problems w/ the AP, problems w/ the Fusion.

I'd demand a new hood. A dual timer does not FIX the problem.

someone brought this up earlier with the problem of running the lights on the seperate timer and i told them that most likely that both plugs are wired on the same circuit, and then when one is unplugged the other one would still be powered, and now i hear about people getting shocked...lol sorry guys but the wiring is screwed up, and current's excuse for saying thats the way it is wired is absolute bull s*it down with the aquapod, and down with the nano fission skimmer they both suck! sorry just had to vent, im a unhappy current usa product owner.

Heres what I posted earlier and pics of the hood wiring.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...pic=74984&st=20

If they wont replace the hood, maybe they should throw in the timer for free then. If the damn thing will only work with their specific timers, then why dont they come as part of the package? No matter what anyone says, this sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Dumber things have happened to people because of faulty products and they were successful in their lawsuits (ie. hot coffee in the McDonalds drive through) :)

stoney waters

Do these tanks come with serial numbers? Current should put out an immediate recall on defective units. Not only for their sake but the safety of their customers.

I see this becoming just like the cracked few cubes, and an outcry to boycott this unit as well.

how bout jbj and current merge...they could sell the "nanopod" with the cubes hood and the pods tank.

I see this becoming just like the cracked few cubes, and an outcry to boycott this unit as well.

how bout jbj and current merge...they could sell the "nanopod" with the cubes hood and the pods tank.

LOL :lol:

Does anyone know if this unique and creative wiring method is just used on the 12g, or have any 24g buyers tried it out for shock therapy? OTOH, it could allow you to brew a cup of coffee while doing water changes without using up a plug on your power strip.....

Reefer Addict
im sorry i was wrong, Ike just informed that this issue is only on a select few 12g tanks, and that they just tested 650 12g's for this same shocking hazard and all 650 of them were fine. But he did say only a handful have contacted Current about this shocking hazard

I can just picture this "Ike" guy working in "Current's" quality assurance department telling "Tina" to plug in one plug while he holds the tips of the exposed plugs..... :P

I wonder who he picked as the beta testers for their last two products... B)

I can just picture this "Ike" guy working in "Current's" quality assurance department telling "Tina" to plug in one plug while he holds the tips of the exposed plugs..... :P

I wonder who he picked as the beta testers for their last two products... B)

Only on a "select few"? Does that make them "special"?

Actually you've got it wrong RA. Ike says," Tina, would you hold the end of this plug for a few seconds? I need to test something." And Tina says, "Like totally!" :lol:

ZZZZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!!

Only on a "select few"? Does that make them "special"?

Actually you've got it wrong RA. Ike says," Tina, would you hold the end of this plug for a few seconds? I need to test something." And Tina says, "Like totally!" :lol:

ZZZZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!!

It's the limited edition. :lol:

As for the 24 gallons models, they really have just begun to hit the street. I've yet to see one with the 64 watt PC hood yet..... but I should soon, sometime next week.

Archived