Top Shelf Aquatics

WARNING! AQUAPOD 12 SHOCKING!

Nano93

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am well aware of this, along with some other aquapod owners, this is not new news sorry. and Current USA knows about they wired the hoods that way to work with dual timers, not 2 single timers

I am really suprised by this. Current-USA has a flawless record. The lighting on the Aquapods definitely seems really messed up though.

I hope they will send out a recplacement ballast kit and get this taken care of asap!

Not good at all. This is pretty serious. I am kind of disapointed to hear this.

i am well aware of this, along with some other aquapod owners, this is not new news sorry. and Current USA knows about they wired the hoods that way to work with dual timers, not 2 single timers

What are you talking about? This is big news for people in this forum that does not know about this problem... If this was JBJ, you would be posting like a mad man.

I am really suprised by this. Current-USA has a flawless record. The lighting on the Aquapods definitely seems really messed up though.

I hope they will send out a recplacement ballast kit and get this taken care of asap!

Not good at all. This is pretty serious. I am kind of disapointed to hear this.

Ditto.

the shock thing is pretty hidden in that thread...

nano93 is just trying to warn people of what is going on

so what is the problem?

Reefer Addict
What are you talking about? This is big news for people in this forum that does not know about this problem... If this was JBJ, you would be posting like a mad man.

So true.....

Also, never heard anyone die from a cracked tank. Electrocusion.... well.... B)

so what is the problem?

they are wired to be run on a dual timer is what Ike told me. it is not a wiring problem according to Ike.

so what is the problem?

Thank you Igreen. Just trying to warn the people in this forum. That is all.

People are getting shocked from touching the metal part of one plug while the other plug is plugged in, sounds like a wiring issue to me.

I don't understand why they would have wired it any different than how they do it on all their other lighting systems.

I dont know why anyone would buy a aquapod of a nanocube , they have all gotten bad reviews , the aquapod , already... Nanocube cracks , now aquapod has a sucky light....Thats why i stick with aga and oceanic...

Here is a picture of the unplug cord that still has juice running through it.. The current running through the cord is 120 VOLTS post-16344-1136338566_thumb.jpg

People are getting shocked from touching the metal part of one plug while the other plug is plugged in, sounds like a wiring issue to me.

I don't understand why they would have wired it any different than how they do it on all their other lighting systems.

Ditto again.

Yep. I've got a dual sat fixture from them that is for the most part the same set up. Cord and ballast for daylight, same for antics and a moonlight. Now while I've not had any reason to touch the other plug, I do have the fixture plugged into a single outlet timer and my lights come up and off on the timer independantly.

I'll stick a volt meter on it now.

im sorry i was wrong, Ike just informed that this issue is only on a select few 12g tanks, and that they just tested 650 12g's for this same shocking hazard and all 650 of them were fine. But he did say only a handful have contacted Current about this shocking hazard

im sorry i was wrong, Ike just informed that this issue is only on a select few 12g tanks, and that they just tested 650 12g's for this same shocking hazard and all 650 of them were fine. But he did say only a handful have contacted Current about this shocking hazard

That's making a little more sense. If it were my tank, I would probably still push for a new hood rather than a patch for the problem.

Archived