Pod Your Reef

55 Gallon FOWLR Journal

Nanomaniac

looks great...you sure the aquaclear will be enough filtration?? i got a fluval....i am also going to have a big bioload so depending on what fish u do....

thanks

reefernanoman

what do you guys think of a hang on refugium that is 24" long. I am planning to make my 75g fw into salt water, but I don't want to deal with a sump.

for my 60 gallon reef tank i have a fluval 304 and eheim filter with seaclone pretein skimmer. it works awesome but i would recomennd a sump/fuge to hide everything and then do a SCWD

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in awhile. My pc bulbs broke, I just order new ones yesterday. Will post a pic when soon. : )

• 4 weeks later...

The tank is coming along great. I still don't have the PC bulbs for my fixture, however I placed my 18w PC light fixture and a 18" No fluorescent fixture with a Marine-Glo bulb over the tank to provide temperary light.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

NaughtyCashew

Tank is coming along great! With those dim lights it would be an awesome predatory fish tank (I know thats not what you are doing, but just a thought :D )

Update: Over the last week I have added a couple fish to my tank including a tiny Ocellaris Clownfish and a Firefish which have settled in quite well and are eating like little pigs. :lol2: I plan on adding another Ocellaris Clownfish and a Sixline Wrasse but that wont be for awhile. I'll try and take a few pics of the fish and then I will post them. :)

Here are a few pictures I took of my new Ocellaris Clownfish and Firefish. They aren't very good pics because these fish are fast and hard to take good pics of.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

I will post more once I take better quality pics. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Well I finally received my two 65w PC bulbs, which arrived today. I'm so glad to finally have my Current USA fixture up and running again. I also added a small Sandsifting Goby a few days ago, and he settled in quite nicely. I have taken many pictures of my tank and of the new Goby.

Full Tank Shots

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

Pic Of Tank At Night With Moonlights On

IMG_0679.jpg

New Sandsifting Goby

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Nanomaniac

Update: I recently added another small Ocellaris Clownfish to give my current Clownfish some company. When I first added the new Clownfish there was some aggression from my current Clown but after awhile they settled down and are now swimming around the tank together.

My fish list so far:

2 Ocellaris Clownfish

1 Firefish

1 Sandsifting Goby

Here are a few new fts and pics of inhabitants.

Without Flash

IMG_0815.jpg

With Flash

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Misc Fish/Invert Pictures

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

Great new shots man!

I love the tank! What else are you planning on getting? How about a yellow tang? or a centropyge? That would give TONS of character to the tank! I think it would look FANTASTIC! ;)

Flick :)

Nanomaniac

Thanks Flick and I have no intention on adding any Tang or any fish for awhile, but thanks for the suggestions. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived