I have a 29 Gallon BC, I planned on this being my last fish

6 fish

2 clown

1 royal gramma

1 watchman goby

unknown

Flame Anglefish

Any thoughts?

Just remember that live aquaria ALWAYS overstates tank size for the fish. I'm betting it is done as a "we told you so" for people who want to stuff a ton of stuff in a smaller setup and up griping about failures.

• Like 2

Although I'm a noon I know that in my ten gallon,I won't do more than two fish,I currently have a yellow watchman go by,and one clownfush and I run a protein skimmer,great write up!

My apologies as I am having difficulty using the search function within this thread specifically, unless in fact there are very few mentions of the yellow assessor fish (besides OP's) in an 18-page thread, which seems unlikely(?).

I'm trying to find out more regarding the yellow assessor fish, which is listed in this thread in the 10g+ min. tank size category. What I'm struggling with in particular is that some sources seem to confirm this as the low end of tank size suitable for this fish...but then others specify 30 gallons...and, on top of that, I'm having trouble finding any literature or even customer reviews that mention anything other than these two figures (10g, and 30g) with respect to min. tank size which seems strange.

I guess my main concern is the degree of discrepancy between these two figures. If I googled a min. tank size for any given fish and was returned thousands of hits suggesting 12g or 15g...okay, there's a ballpark. 10g and 30g, though...seem too dissimilar and far apart for me to reconcile.

Reading about the swimming behavior, natural habitat, feeding preferences etc. for the yellow assessor have availed me no explanations as to why the min. recommended tank size would vary to such a great extent.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

My apologies as I am having difficulty using the search function within this thread specifically, unless in fact there are very few mentions of the yellow assessor fish (besides OP's) in an 18-page thread, which seems unlikely(?).

I'm trying to find out more regarding the yellow assessor fish, which is listed in this thread in the 10g+ min. tank size category. What I'm struggling with in particular is that some sources seem to confirm this as the low end of tank size suitable for this fish...but then others specify 30 gallons...and, on top of that, I'm having trouble finding any literature or even customer reviews that mention anything other than these two figures (10g, and 30g) with respect to min. tank size which seems strange.

I guess my main concern is the degree of discrepancy between these two figures. If I googled a min. tank size for any given fish and was returned thousands of hits suggesting 12g or 15g...okay, there's a ballpark. 10g and 30g, though...seem too dissimilar and far apart for me to reconcile.

Reading about the swimming behavior, natural habitat, feeding preferences etc. for the yellow assessor have availed me no explanations as to why the min. recommended tank size would vary to such a great extent.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

because live aquaria has large min tank sizes so noobs don't kill fish. The flaming prawn goby is bet for picks but live Aquarians min tank size for it is 10 gallons.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+444&pcatid=444

Says Flame anglefish needs 70G plus?

I have a 29 Gallon BC, I planned on this being my last fish

6 fish

2 clown

1 royal gramma

1 watchman goby

unknown

Flame Anglefish

Any thoughts?

nice fish selection :) I'd keep the number of fish to around four unless you're running a skimmer other than the one it came with... when I first started out with a BC29 four fish still seemed a bit much for the filtration to handle (biological and mechanical). How's the flame angel doing in a smaller tank? angels are known for nipping at corals but a friend has had success with one in a larger tank, though.

What kind of stunning, in your face, fish would anyone recommend for a IM Nuvo Fusion 20?

This will be the only fish. Or maybe one of the max, 2 fish in the system. I want to do an ULNS. Will be running a skimmer too.

Since this is the only fish, I am thinking of a royal dottyback. I think it’s called bicolor pseudochromis in this guide. Any better suggestion?

I LOVE this!!! Thanks for the great resource!!! 

On 12/6/2017 at 2:06 PM, controlledentropy said:

What kind of stunning, in your face, fish would anyone recommend for a IM Nuvo Fusion 20?

This will be the only fish. Or maybe one of the max, 2 fish in the system. I want to do an ULNS. Will be running a skimmer too.

Since this is the only fish, I am thinking of a royal dottyback. I think it’s called bicolor pseudochromis in this guide. Any better suggestion?

IMO you can’t do better than a Six Line Wrasse. Amazing colors and tons of movement. My fav

I'm looking for some ideas/suggestions for an aquapod 24 that is heavily planned around being an invert/weirdo tank.  Mixed reef with SPS and LPS.  I love inverts a lot more then fish, but do want a few in there for movement as well as additional biodiversity.

I already have a yellow watchman and tiger pistol.  A mix of red legged and blue legged (tricolor) hermits, and various snails.

Since its a nano and invert focus'd tank whatever fish I get would need to be peaceful with them.  I'll probably get some sexy shrimp, porcelain crab, pom pom crab, and who knows what else that I can find.

Anything with cool symbiotic behavior or unique behavior is a bonus.  Part of why I liked the watchman/pistol so much.

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions