Pod Your Reef

ID Please

kng

Can someone ID this? I think I've seen these on the forum before but I can't find it. This picture is a couple of weeks old. They now stay "out" like the one on the bottom. Thanks!

The "base" (part that appears to be hard) is about 1/2 inch in diameter. The "tentacles" used to just come out at night. Now they are always out. This was a hitchhiker and appears to be doing very good. Growing and possible spreading. Is this good?/Are they reef safe? Thanks for the help.

I'm glad someone asked this, I always wondered what mine was and never really worried about it to ask, but now atleast I know.

Brandon

they're not corallimorphs, they're definately not barnacles, and the definately definately are not sps. i doubt they're cup coral too (though i guess a common name for whatever it is could be cup coral). sorry, i'm pressed for time so i can't go look it up, but that coral's in bornemans book aquarium corals. it's an lps and it doesn't get any larger than what it appears to be now (about 1cm across, correct?). look it up if you've got the book. if not, i'll look it up for you when i get around to it.

-will

Archived