Coral Vue Hydros

Tailspot Blenny

steelhealr

ittybittypilot

I only had him 5 days and I loved greeting him in the morning then after work. he was just starting to adjust and be a curious little guy. guess I need to find a cover for my tank. From what I read they were not jumpers. Maybe something spooked him.

I'll definitely get another. Just not until I can afford another $25 fish. I'm on a VERY tight budget and just getting this all setup took months of saving.

Poor little buddy. What a sad way to go.

• Like 1

Yeh, mine would get jumpy at first whenever the light turned on and off cuz the Par38 bulb didn't have any kind of dimmer so it was a shocking brightness all at once. You can go to Lowes or HomeDepot and get a window screen kit cheaply, and make a lid.

• Like 1
SeventyTimes7

I fear for my tailspot. Last time I saw him was 2 days ago he was looking pretty thin, but I had seen him munching on algae before. He's been in the tank for a little over 2 weeks. Should I be worried :S

ittybittypilot

Did you find your TSB?

I got my replacement TSB today. I had my choice of 2 so I choose the chubby one. Figured if he stresses and doesn't eat for a few days he has some reserves. I drip acclimated him, and he's hiding on the sand in a corner. Blue lights are on, the timer will shut them off soon. Just going to leave him be for a few days. He's alot smaller and less colorful than my other.

SeventyTimes7

Did you find your TSB?

I got my replacement TSB today. I had my choice of 2 so I choose the chubby one. Figured if he stresses and doesn't eat for a few days he has some reserves. I drip acclimated him, and he's hiding on the sand in a corner. Blue lights are on, the timer will shut them off soon. Just going to leave him be for a few days. He's alot smaller and less colorful than my other.

Nope still haven't seen him. Guessing he died and the hermits gobbled him up?
ittybittypilot

Good news! My TSB is doing great, eating, active....however...interesting behavior. He's still in the corner in the sand, however he's made himself an impressive cave! I witnessed him taking mouthfuls of sand and spitting them out alongside his cave! I didn't know this species "caved". I thought they perched on rocks and hid in holes, not EXCAVATED! He's still showing stress spotting but not as dramatic as his first few days.

Anyone else seen excavating behavior in TSB?

• 1 year later...

I just read this whole thread because I got a TSB a few days ago, so I thought I'd resurrect it once again!

i love this fish, he's hilarious.  I have a clear view of his shenanigans, as he chose a hole dead center in the front on my main piece of live rock as his 'home'. I couldn't have a chosen a better hole in the tank for his home if you asked me to pick.

he's eating well and I'm trying to base his main diet around seaweed heavy pellets.  he is also eating what little algae I have in my young tank, and on occasion I'll feed a little of a frozen mix my LFS sells that has pretty much everything mixed together in a blender and then frozen. 

he's pretty tiny, one of the smallest I've seen in person, but currently the only inhabitant of my IM10 other than the clean up crew.  I'm hoping I can provide him a long life!

• 1 year later...
SURVEYMAN46123

My tailspot in my Nuvo 10 is one of my favorite fish.   After I feed my clowns he eats what I have left over pretty close to my hand.   Still too timid to eat out of my hand, but his personality is the best.

got mine 10 days ago

was shy for the first two days then he choose a hole in the dead centre of the tank and digged it wider and deeper spitting at my clowns as they pass by he was eating only brine at the LFS but now he almost destroyed my hair algae on the rocks his belly is toooooo big now and also eats mysis when i feed my fish... very very happy and a great alternative to the lawnmower... cute active and beneficial in the tank...

gone_PHiSHin

the one i had since the beginning of my IM10 just died a couple weeks ago.  I'm still a little bummed about him not being in there when i watch the tank.  they are great fish.