Top Shelf Aquatics

Crinoids - The definition of Irony

Caesar777

I work in insurance...I should hope I understand the concept of a tort and a tortfeasor...:).

I just wondered what you were at fault for doing? lol

Cheers,

Fred

Insurance eh, then you should understand contracts of adhesion too ;)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the thread's more fun now, AND I'm now a nihilist. In a grand twist of irony, I'm getting an orange-spot filefish and a pair of ribbon eels. For my 30. (That joke never gets old, eh? But it's only funny when it's the b****y OP saying it. :P )

Okay, now really.... No more posts! Think of the kittens!

But I like the reference to the tire iron. I need to find a sound-clip of Christopher Walken saying the best line ever:

"No, your tone...It's all wrong. You do it again, I'll stab you in the face with a solderin' iron."

"Can your mother sew?"

BOOM!

GET 'ER TA SEW THAT!

I think what ebin may be getting at is how defensively Caesar777 often responds to different opinions and how inflammatory she can be, quite possibly not knowing just how it may sound to a reader. We all agree that Caesar has plenty of experience and knowledge that can be quite valuable to many on this forum. However, to imply that beginner reefers are like "children" and that explanations need to be "simplified" indicates to me the root of where some of the disagreements may be coming from. In my opinion, it is quite disrespectful to call someone a noob, moron, or idiot because they ask a simple question that any beginner or quite possibly, more experienced reefer may ask. These "noobs" could be PhD scientists or fairly educated individuals with many years of real life applied biological knowledge and animal experience that just may be new to the world of nanoreefing. Do you still think that you need to "simplify" your explanation to these people? Would you still refer to these individuals as "children" and yourself as an "adult"? Do you really think that your 6 years of working in a reef store trumps their ability to understand your explanations at "your level"? This is where I think people take offense. Believe me, I think most on this site can give criticism much better than they can take it but they refrain, and so should you. Its an open forum for free discussion no matter how ridiculous or "insignificant" the response may be to a more "experienced" reefer.

I agree with this completley and myself have a problem with this attitude alot of the time.

P.S. Ya I work at an LFS because service calls pay the bills and it allows me to work odd hours between my classes.

P.S.S. I have my basket star from a wholesaler's mistake and it hasnt moved from it's spot in the past 6 months once it got settled down. And my tank is pretty much designed for it so I don't want to hear that 'you can't do that' crap

iam posting so "god will kill a kitten" cuz i hate cats!

also isent this thread way off topic there caesar777?

now wares that dead kitten!?......Mmmm...kiiittten!

Caesar... Do we ever get to see the pictures of these beautiful animals your trying to keep alive??? I skimmed through the whole thread hoping there would be a treat at the end... but nothing :( this makes me sad... Do you have any pics???

Caesar... Do we ever get to see the pictures of these beautiful animals your trying to keep alive??? I skimmed through the whole thread hoping there would be a treat at the end... but nothing :( this makes me sad... Do you have any pics???

Here you go...

post-4880-1134476919_thumb.jpg

Archived