Pod Your Reef

Crinoids - The definition of Irony

Caesar777

This is kinda stupid L.

There is nothing usefull in this thread and there was never any hope of there being any.

She's having fun here and so is ebin, even thoug they will both argue that point with me.

Damn right I am having a blast. my kid is hogging the tv with madagascar and sharktale. it's my days off. so argue with a girl that could use a reality check till i am blue in the face seemed like the thing to do. this site is "clown shoes", just read the posts. it is another RC where the popular liked posters can get away with murder. IE ceasar calling me a moron after I pointed out she wasen't practicing what she preached. Just here we got decent mods. (hi gil)

Then why do you post there? :lol:

i only post here cause you don't keep me busy enough posting about college football on the other site. ;)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict
i only post here cause you don't keep me busy enough posting about college football on the other site. ;)

Ebin-Now you really crossed the line!!! Don't go slamming on the Trojans!!!! :P

I've gotten heavily into these arguments in the past and it's all to no avail. Caesar will always have her opinions and spout them in the direction of whomever disagrees with her. She's entitled to her opinion no matter how caustically spouted. I feel the reason why the point never gets across is because she doesn't teach, she crams it down your throat. To me, euthanasia for theses animals is the proper way to deal with them if you feel they are going to suffer and die. Not "trying" to keep them. So some of the statements made have been very hypocritical. If you really want to "help" these creatures Caesar then boycott the wholesalers who sell them or are we not willing to hurt the boss' bottom line...

Ebin-Now you really crossed the line!!! Don't go slamming on the Trojans!!!! :P

I woulden't bash Reggie Bush he needs to be healthy for next year when he goes to Green Bay. Can't wait for the big game. Texas may win. B)

Just these types of posts that make me hate n-r.

I remember seeing espi, as a matter a fact I was scared to join when I first saw this site as it looked real cliquey here and i did not feel like being made to look like an idiot for not knowing what kelvin ratings were or how to dose kalk.

i wax nostalgic.

actually, espi and crew scared me off from signing up early on too. i waited almost a year before joining (hi-speed access also had something to do with it). but to compared that little comment to espi does dave a disservice.

i think there's some info here. thru all the insults-jokes-primping-tirades, the ethical positions and some hands-on experience was exchanged. turn back the clock and substitute "acropora" for "crinoids" and you may have found a verbal exchange ('cause there was no intardnet) years back.

i'm not advocating crinoid raising but just "flushing" them seems rather unproductive. they've made the journey around the globe and you're gonna flush them like nemo? why not try (since it's there already)?

the question that they shouldn't be imported was already answered and pretty much universally agreed upon (there see? no one died...gaaack! <thud!> ). crinoids shouldn't be imported they're too difficult blah blah endangered yada yada irresponsible, you're a moron, no you are, no you. sorry, my F2 was stuck.

but if you're the lucky one who figures out how to rear them (bpatrol?) then you've actually saved a crinoid. and a crinoid's a terrible thing to waste.

Texas WILL win.

shhhhh reefer will hear you. he takes his trojans very seriously. he killed a notre dame fan for celebrating too early. :lol:

tiny:

go sun picos.

Reefer Addict
Texas WILL win.

That's it!!!! First someone tries to keep a crinoid in a display tank. Now it seems as if Trojan bashing is fari game.

I remember when this forum was at least civil!!!!!

When are you going to post a pic of you tank and let the world see how much of an expert you are or are you still ashamed and embarrased of it. :lol:

At least people have seen my tanks and livestock.

Come on! Step up!

i hope you are more patient with your stocking practices than you have been with me about getting some pics up.

when did i ever say i was an expert. and since when is a picture an accurate assesment of ones reefing abilties. that sounds dangerous.

reefing is more than a pretty picture. there is actually a science behind it too.

i just happen to really suck at the pretty picture part. but i am working on that.

finals are over next week. then you'll get your pretty pic.

here is a livestock pic to tide you over:

zoos6.JPG

Reefer Addict
i hope you are more patient with your stocking practices than you have been with me about getting some pics up.

when did i ever say i was an expert. and since when is a picture an accurate assesment of ones reefing abilties. that sounds dangerous.

reefing is more than a pretty picture. there is actually a science behind it too.

i just happen to really suck at the pretty picture part. but i am working on that.

finals are over next week. then you'll get your pretty pic.

here is a livestock pic to tide you over:

zoos6.JPG

I am very patient. It's been months since you have taken a FTS. Don't need a pretty picture. Just an updated picture of your tank.. I just don't understand why you are so embarrassed by it..

because i can't figure out how to arrange the rock so it looks as cool as your aquascaping. happy?

like i said.... 80 lbs of marshall island is cooking, and when classes are done, and i get a chance to take that stupid fiji brick stuff out that is impossible to make any thing cool looking out of, and put the awesome shaped marshall island in, i will have no problem showing you waz up.

is that ok with you?

Reefer Addict

zoos6.JPG

Here's patience for you. Your last FTS 5 MONTHS ago!!!!

fts1.JPG

And your right that there is a science behind it. Looks like you flunked. Doesn't seem as if you are able to keep anything alive...

Reefer Addict
hmm...

well my hutchii anthias and sterry dragonet would disgaree, but hey, those are just newbie fish.

Newbie fish for those who keep them in their imagination.....

The only things that you post pics of are leathers, zoos and mushrooms...

Step up!

Whatever anyone thinks of the two main combatants here they both have previously demonstrated themselves to suffer from terminal "lastworditis" when they get into a disagreement.

OHH, OHH, I think I got it too! :)

Awsome statement Ice.

...So please let up, Ebin. Think of the kittens.

PS, to those who were "wondering", I really did post this thread out of the anger and irritation caused by the the situation. (I may have been a bit snippy all day, if you could possibly picture that.. ;) ) Didn't want to continue the BS, but I guess I should have known. This is the internet, and we are only human.

"Wtf's a crinoid?!" Lmfao!

Well, no photos yet. I don't have a camera of any kind, and the photo guy isn't in until Friday. I'll get ahold of one sooner, somehow. Boyfriend has one. Hopefully I don't kill it with tank-water, as happens to most things in my workplace.

The crinoids still continue to enjoy grabbing at the fishes' food, and closing around it. Not sure how good it is for them to be eating frozen/thawed mysis, Formula One, Formula Two, LiquidLife's "marine plankton" (cyclop-eeze/plankton--that'd be good, I guess), and krill. But they seem to like it, heh. We'll see. Maybe it'll kill them. Maybe they'll subsist for awhile on what's probably sub-standard food. (Think Moorish Idols and "carnation corals".) One dropped half an arm today--may have been from an incompetent ex-employee playing with them(!?!), though.

They're rather useless display animals, as they open up only in the dark; all day, they sit curled up in oddly-shaped clumps. As soon as A turns out the lights, they begin to open up. They then close up again either if there's enough sun outside, or when A turns the lights on--whichever comes first. Lovely critters despite it, though.

Question, Ebin: Do you eat meat? Do you believe that farm animals deserve any kind of special treatment, or should they just be treated like non-sentient machines because "they're going to die anyway"? Don't answer "on paper"--just think about it.

Oh, poster who mentioned the Acros: orange-spot filefish eat only Acropora polyps. Nothing else. No plankton, no algae, nothing but the polyps of some sps corals. Thus, unless you have a huge tank full of Bali green-slimers you want to grow to feed the animal (if they can survive its constant nit-picking), it'll starve to death in your tank. That's why I'm not a big fan of them being kept in captivity. BUT, if someone wants to actually do that with the Acros--by all means, go for it! It'd be cool.

...So please let up, Ebin. Think of the kittens.

PS, to those who were "wondering", I really did post this thread out of the anger and irritation caused by the the situation. (I may have been a bit snippy all day, if you could possibly picture that.. ;) ) Didn't want to continue the BS, but I guess I should have known. This is the internet, and we are only human.

lmao rofle

Archived