Pod Your Reef

zoos in 12g dx

Donovan

Can I get away with Zoos in my 12g dx (48watt stock)?

If so does it need to be placed up high?

Or can I place it anywhere in my tank?

DSC01527.jpg

My clownfish waiting.

CopyofDSC00533.jpg

Thanks in advance.

yeah, most zoas are reletively low light corals (although their best colors come out in higher lighting) and are increadibly hardy.

You should have no trouble with them.

Ok, your right. Maybe I should have clarified that statement:

You could keep zoo's anywhere in THE MAIN DISPLAY area of a stock NC 12 DX. And just incase any other wise guy is gonna bring it up, no they won't do well being kept under rocks either.:)

You could keep zoo's anywhere in THE MAIN DISPLAY area of a stock NC 12 DX. And just incase any other wise guy is gonna bring it up, no they won't do well being kept under rocks either.:)

darnit i was just going to say that too...until i read the last part.....darnit....fine they wont do good covered in sand...or upside down....or where a stinging coral (such as frogspawn) is constanlt touching them :P....i gotcha their...oh :lol:

shao-lin nano

Hey, I actually have a few polyps growing in the back compartments being lit by my fuge light :P

Beautiful tank! God I can't get my percula to host for the life of me! I even tapped pictures of other clowns in anemonies to the glass to send him to clown school and he still didn't host. I finally gave up!

Hey, I actually have a few polyps growing in the back compartments being lit by my fuge light

I can't win here! Fine, if you have a fuge set up in any of the rear chambers you can get them to grow there as well!

I was gonna say that they can't grow on a$$ but I bet PochiePooh has got a picture of one on his too....LoL

Nice clean sand by the way!

Thanks my clean up crew works hard although at times I feel that I may have overstocked my tank with them. :mellow:

12g DX Today.

1 Turbo

4 Cerith

7 Scarlets hermit

5 Nassarius

1 Zebra hermit

12g DX 2 Weeks ago

2 Turbo (1 moved to 55)

4 Cerith

7 Scarlet hermit

5 Nassarius

3 Zebra hermit (2 moved to 55)