inTank Media Baskets

Kool-Cats 20Gallon Long Reef

Kool-cat

I have my lights 7 inches above the water.

100_6245.jpg

I have:

9 Golf ball turbos snails

1 Emerald Crab

6 red leg hermit crabs

To battle Red Hair Algae

+

1 bi-color blenny

some nassurius snails

2 blue leg hermit crabs

1 occellaris clownfish

1 crocea clam

How long have you had your clown and firefish together?

I have a firefish with a semi-open top 20l tank and have always been afraid of putting it with a clown. I like the way they look together in your tank.

• 7 months later...

It didn't get that big, It grew a little as I see calcium growth ridges. However i think my clam is gaping as when I first got it. Its about 5 inches. And I think my clam is fading now with the heat..86-90F

EL CHUPACABRA

Your tank is getting up to 90F!?! that is no good at all. You should add a fan that blows across the water surface, and many more to pull the heat up and away from your water. How are the zoos holding up in those temps? (ps I have heard that a thermos would be the best way to ship the zoos)

Crocea Clams are known to look like they are gaping when they arent...Dont worry about it Im sure the clam will be fine...

You do have heat problems though....If your corals start to loose their color you better turn them lights off!

• 3 weeks later...
newjerseynano

yo dude check the clam man it does not look good get the temps down and hope he survives. sorry to hear bout the heat.

edit: sorry i didnt read you already knew, sorry.

dude thats a heat nightmare, invest in some fans before you neglect the problem at hand(just adding the t5's wont help all that much, looks like your hood has no way of cooling itself). take down your canopy and drill holes in the front, add dual pc fans, and have them force the air out the back. dont worry later on if the temps start getting cooler, you can opt not to run to fans or keep them on and use your heater!

I do have to fans, one blowing in and 1 out. My tank temperature is 86F when the lights are off and goes to 87-92 when the lights are on.

hmmm... well do the fans run 24/7... that would prolly help, if the hood is cool when the light turns on. i would... A) invest in more fans or B) prop the front of the hood open (if you can) and stand a box fan or home floor fan to blow through there. because i had the same problem w/ my cube, temp in my room gets above 86 during the days here in AZ, i went topless and have a standing fan blowing across the tank during the daylight hours (basically 10am-8pm) this cools my tank anywhere from 5-7 degrees. how hot does your room get in the summer there???

• 2 weeks later...
EL CHUPACABRA
Temperature could reach 86-102F here in N.Y.C..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink ring polyps

000_0311.jpg

Electric Greens or Radioactive Dragon Eyes

000_0299.jpg

I want these!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
ProFlatlander15

Hey David, I got the lights the other day. I did not have a chance to hook them up yet, I had a very busy weekend. I won't be home from school for another 2 weekends, so I will finish my hood then. However, everything looked awesome and your packaging was superb. Would love to do business again. PS the tank looks great!

PFL15

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to feed the anemones shrimp and squid all the time(once a week). Then stopped when they started splitting, because I don't want to many in my tank stinging other corals, such as my zoas. I think it is also because of stress, they split in the summer when the temperature went up to 84F. The symbiotic clown fish also cuddled the anemone so the anemone probably decided to try and attract more clown fish by multiplying.

--------

The 13k Aqualine AB makes my tank look like a freshwater setup, but grows corals faster. I find that the 14k Phoenix makes more corals looks better. I have used the AB for 8 months before and have continued with it since yesterday. I plan to use it for another 6 months, about 14 months or so.

---------------

Clam died $85 in the garbage, only thing left is 2 clam shells

Ricodea died $60 in the garbage, now I have a regular live rock

I do have to fans, one blowing in and 1 out. My tank temperature is 86F when the lights are off and goes to 87-92 when the lights are on.

You'll get more airflow if the fans are both either blowing in or out.

• 1 month later...
bilge rat
RPE 2 weeks later after some rotted away and died.

100_2599.jpg

Is there such a thing as a Pink Eagle Eye?

Yay, hopefully this doesnt come with zoa eating seaslugs/nudibranches, or is diseased. I brought RPE before and some rotted away on me. :( Some polyps are injured but hopefully all goes well.

Whammin Water Melons and Camouflage Green Polyps

100_2598.jpg

100_2597.jpg

100_2596.jpg

did you ever install the ice probe for cooling??

Archived