Cultivated Reef

? for 2.5 aga + 9x9watt coralife folks

appstateguy

im trying to keep my temp at bay... hitting 82 every day, about 79, 78 in the mornings when i wake up.... are you all using a glass top like i am?? any suggestions for keeping it cooler? think propping the lights up about an inch from the glass top would help? thanks in advance.

btw, im not using a heater

Lower the ambient. I'm assuming your room temp is around 78. 82 isn't bad, but I would add a heater to keep the swing to a minimum.

um...i have the same prob. except i have 2 light fixtures on my 2.5g...and it runs pretty hot...anyway buy an ICA Cchiller (if it could be installed..imnot sure...i thunk of it while typing) or an Iceprobe...or use a fan......

ugggggggggggh

86 when i got home this evening... but the house was hot too (80 degrees outsidie in november!!?)

shrooms seem fine though

this pico stuff isn't about pretty corals, it's about playing the parameter game.. but i knew what i was getting into..

wow..that is bad dude..you know the benifical algae that helps the coral during photo. start to die/leave the coral around high temp...be carefull

forgive my stupidity 9wx2

today was fine.. 81 degrees all day, kept the ceiling fan running in the room.. also, i found that it was actually hotter with the light propped up about .5" than with the light resting on the glass... interesting

slapped a few tiny leather frags in today as well

Archived