ReefCleaners.org

[CUSTOM] BelowH20

BelowH2O

Finally after a month of searching and one special order later, here's my 2.5 gallon pico. Live rock has been curing and will go in the tank tonight for my check-in shot.

post-9040-1131663993_thumb.jpg

After tons of work to get this thing set-up with rocks, I think I made it. Not sure if the aquascaping will stay this way. I still have two more mods to finish and recieve my lights, then the tank will be complete...I think.

Equipment so far.

-2.5 perfecto tank w/ glass top

-Fluval 204 cannister filter modded with heater

-Current USA 18w PC

post-9040-1131683919_thumb.jpg

post-9040-1131683929_thumb.jpg

Did some work on the tank today...Finished the stand except for the door. All I'm waiting on is lights.

A couple things to note about the pico, my rock has been cooked for around 2 months before going into this tank. Unfortunatly its not pretty and purple like Travis's.

In terms of stocking, you'll have to wait and see, but its going to be completly aquacultured.

The Fluval 204 is loaded with carbon and rock rubble, there is also a 50w heater modded into the sponge compartment, I'll get pics soon.

This is the same filter that ran my very successful 10g.

The salt I'm using nowadays is HW marine mix professional. The reviews for this salt say the alk levels are above normal, but I haven't had any real problems. Sps seem to color up more with this salt than instant ocean in my experience.

Other than that I'm going to add a couple drops of bionic every now and then to boost coralline growth.

post-9040-1131784445_thumb.jpg

post-9040-1131784458_thumb.jpg

post-9040-1131784468_thumb.jpg

Travis your up late...or early however you see it. Thanks for the tip on the Calcium supp. I'm not completely finished with the stand yet, still working on customizing the door, and finding the right hinges.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

FF218: I think PILI got it right...nepthea. For some reason I thought it was capnella, but then again I haven't been keeping up with my reefer dictionary lately.

Also, I just wanted to note that everything except for a red legged hermit has been aquacultured by me. The candy cane, mushrooms, and blue ricordia were some of the very first corals I obtained.

Archived