Innovative Marine Aquariums

Need ID to some weird jelly like thing

CKSNano

Something weird appeared in my tank!

It looks fragile & jelly like..

inside the domeshaped thingy holds many tiny stuff that looks like brineshrimp eggs..

any idea what this is?

Rupert,

All I have to say is that you need to be committed to the highest grade mental institution within 500 miles of your residence. YOU ARE NUTS!!!

there IS a such thing as a FW sponge. I DIDN'T make it up! I am NOT crazy. and just because I am paraniod DOESN'T mean they aren't out to get me.

Thanks for the input ppl

well .. i posted the msg in RC as well

and Dr Ron has replied

"I'll bet you probably want me to tell you, too.

It is the egg mass of a tube-dwelling polychaete or "bristle" worm. The jelly will dissolve in a day or two releasing a lot of small larvae into the water of your tank. Generally, such larvae get eaten by corals and other zooplankton predators. Some may survive to help maintain the population of the worms."

Ok and so its bristle worm eggs!!

I'm not saying that there's not freshwater sponges and that's not what's making me draw to the conclusion that you're nuts. Take a look at yourself in that avatar. Look at your damn signature line and some of the statements in your posts. You, my friend, are a sick, sick young man. :D

Matt

the great rupert,

your fear of communism is warranted and understandable. Those red bastards in North Korea and those crazy chinese are the last bastions of a dead empire. cuba doesn't count because, other than cigars (which aren't so great anymore) they are useless. I hope you still practice running to the fallout shelter and I assume you have one of those "safehouses" in the basement of your home, loaded with enough supplies to last you a year. The red menace is alive and well and we should all be scared.

The picture of you scares me more than the commies.

Mattdog, we here at the american reef society have begun compiling a list (a blacklist if you must know) of all known or suspected communists. We have added your name to the list and you will now be forced to seek reef equipment and livestock through communist merchants. They are hard to come by.

Enjoy the breadlines.

Crakeur the commie hater.

p.s. all in jest

commie hating's in my blood! both grand-dad's were famous anti-commies in china and taiwan. my maternal grand-dad was a top general in chang's army. wanted to re-invade china from taiwan. ??? too much caffeine, they exiled him from taiwan too. X) made the most wanted list for red china. B)

the mainland chinese are capitalists, they just can't admit it publicly yet. their biggest trading partner is us! communist? yeah, right. their gov't may be communist but almost all the peeps are capitalists. when i'm talking biz with those guys they may as well be europeans or americans the way they conduct themselves. money talks.

those north koreans tho. :

cks,

you must have one big honking bristleworm to crap that load of eggs out! :o eewww! :x

tinyreef: u bet! maybe its nothing compared to worms in big tank...

but freaking big worm for a nano setup!!

im chinese btw .. Singapore chinese tho

cks,

i thought you were taiwanese chinese actually. i'm chinese too, New York chinese tho. :P (actually, that would make sense w/two chinese granddads X) )

knee how, knee how! hey tiny, toe kai, I believe, my chinese is bad but if you got "get out of here" from the toe kai, then I'm not that bad off. No, I am not Chinese nor Taiwanese, nor any form of Asian decent, I just work with the "Capitalists" everyday. You are really correct about the fact that they are, totally. My partner in a school business is chinese and the man works 7 days a week and like 18 hours a day. The man wants nothing else in life but money! The Chinese economy is doing great at the moment, among the very few in the world and I would no longer call chinese commies, they are capitalists all the way. N. Korea, now that is another story, these peoples economy sucks. The only way to make money is to join the military and swear to help take over the world. I say screw Saddam for a little while and go kick N. Korea's ass back to the stone ages first. Saddam ain't doin do do at the present time. When we are done with N.Korea, we can go to Iraq and take him out in like a week. Here is yet another thread gone way beyond the starting question but hey, that's what makes this board cool.

Archived