SaltCritters.com

[CUSTOM] ejls2

ejls2

Yeah, i've noticed! This is, what, the fourth?

Are they going to be increasingly violent in relation to '04 v. '05 rivalry or is this a blip? :)

Nothing special really. I was going to try to get few sexy shrimp and pom-pom crabs but ever since Stig my mantis made a daring escape from his plastic container my plans for invertebrates have had to change somewhat.

Up until today he seemed to be much happier with snails and the like rather than crabs but he changed his mind and appears to have horribly butchered "Crash-Test-Dummy No1."

I'm not sure I can be bothered to take him out at the mo so he'll stay in for now :)

Other than him I'm hoping to have a small Crocea or Maxima clam, as much pretty LPS as I can lay my hands on and a few SPS. I may throw in some zoos and rics if I can find some nice ones.

Of course my blastos will be taking pride of place!

Any ideas for an interesting fish? My mantis' species aern't reknowned as fish hunters!

I keep changing my mind! :( I'm pretty sure that 9 days out of ten the mantis would be terrified of the goby. He's not a big scary mantis like Tigah's, he's a little wussy mantis who beats on snails becuase they don't have claws! :D

But that other day, when he's trying to show off, you just know he'll kill anything that comes near his burrow!

It's a shame becuase i'd quite like a goby or something like that but I think I'd feel pretty bad if he killed it!

On another note, have you had any luck getting on nr.co.uk today? Pete says it's been taken down by hackers :(

I usually visit most days and i've not had a problem, I may have missed it. Site is definately ok now though.

Think you're right about the goby, a mantis is a cool enough resident anyway :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Distinct lack of funds syndrome is hampering the project but we're still battling on. The mantis has a few more housemates and has continued to grow. Pics as required by Gil will be forthcoming as soon as I get my camera back.

Ed

Archived