Top Shelf Aquatics

Bookshelf <5gal pico project

coralbuff

awesome, love the tank should get great light penetration

Thanks TIGER ACE15,

I am glad you like it. The lighting does seem to work well.

Talk soon,

coralbuff

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that brain. I am looking for a nice small one for my 2.7.

Thanks Ishtar,

I happened across the brain on a trip to the LFS for water only (yeah right :lol: )I could not resist! You will find one too. :D

Good Luck

coralbuff

My hat's off to you, that tank is TlT$!

Thanks Ray,

Let me take this oportunity to say that I like how you always welcome new comers to NR :) . I took some pics but have a new computer and am trying to get things set up, :happy: so I should post new pics soon.

thanks again,

coralbuff

Thanks Ray,

Let me take this oportunity to say that I like how you always welcome new comers to NR . I took some pics but have a new computer and am trying to get things set up, so I should post new pics soon.

thanks again,

coralbuff

Ha Ha, That's pretty funny because in person I'm pretty much the opposite! I'm a total recluse who speaks to very few people. I'm kinda like the Unibomber w/out the bombing.

Can't wait to see more pics...Keep em coming!

It looks fantastic!! A really great set-up. B)

Best regards

Ann

Thanks Ann,

I checked out your thread, YOUR PICO IS AWSOME! :D Good job!

Thanks again for the compliment.

coralbuff

• 2 weeks later...
OK All! Finally some more pics. Enjoy!

Coralbuff

post-16383-1140979956_thumb.jpg

Awsome Tank Coralbuff,

Do you have a scoreboard over your bar with odds? It looks like you have a shot of Hammer vs. GSP fight. :D My Money is on the Hammer for the win in the 4th on a technical. ;)

PS. You've enspired me to build another LONG Bookshelf tank formyself!

If you had anything to do over (Rock Choice, Sand, Coral, Baffles, Pump, Plumbing, etc) what would you have done diffrent with this tank?

• 3 weeks later...
Awsome Tank Coralbuff,

Do you have a scoreboard over your bar with odds? It looks like you have a shot of Hammer vs. GSP fight. :D My Money is on the Hammer for the win in the 4th on a technical. ;)

PS. You've enspired me to build another LONG Bookshelf tank formyself!

If you had anything to do over (Rock Choice, Sand, Coral, Baffles, Pump, Plumbing, etc) what would you have done diffrent with this tank?

Thanks somoney,

The only thing I might consider to do diferent would be the use of tonga branch to allow easy placement of a wider selection of frags. Other than that, I am pleased with the outcome.

The GSP and Hammer are still at it occasionally. :lol: However I believe the alternating current aids in the prevention of of prolonged sweeper tentacle contact. There are no signs of any dammage to eighthor contender. :D So all is well at this point.

Sorry for the late response, I have been out of state.

Good Luck on your project,

coralbuff

nice tank! mine isnt nearly as nice... but i havent had time to pay much attention to it. keep up the good work and keep us posted on any updates

• 5 weeks later...
coralbuff
nice tank! mine isnt nearly as nice... but i havent had time to pay much attention to it. keep up the good work and keep us posted on any updates

Thanks Sandlot,

I appreciate the compliment! :D

coralbuff

Great tank! I think wave action/current is a major factor for success that people underestimate. You have handled it well.

How are you doing topoff?

coralbuff
Great tank! I think wave action/current is a major factor for success that people underestimate. You have handled it well.

How are you doing topoff?

Thanks scottk,

RO Fresh as needed. I do use a split (lengthwise) glass top leaving a 1" open area only. This slows evaporation but still allows gas exchange and ventilation. I change 1/2 gallon salt every 10 days.

Coralbuff

As everyone else said, that is an awesome tank! How's that clown doing? I'm working on a 5.5 AGA myself and would like to be able to have a false percula in it (mainly because that's about all my LFS has :rolleyes:). Do you just have it in there temporarily, or is 5.5g enough for a false perc? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
jayjay1976

I dunno if anyone asked this yet, but where can I get one of those nifty LONG tanks? I'm thinking this small volume would make it easy to use an inexpensive 40 watt or so CF light. im looking for a cheap small setup for my office reef.

jason

Coral, anything new?

Still the Same Stock Ray, All is growing and doing fine! I will be starting a 120-135g soon and will prob. move all my inhapitants from all my tanks into one. (gradually and once all is safe to do so of course) I have been very buisy with work (need extra $ for the big tank) so been off line for a while, I hope all is well in your world.

Coralbuff

I dunno if anyone asked this yet, but where can I get one of those nifty LONG tanks? I'm thinking this small volume would make it easy to use an inexpensive 40 watt or so CF light. im looking for a cheap small setup for my office reef.

jason

Check the early posts in this thread. It is based on a Betta show tank using T5 Lighting. Coraline is spreding fast now. :D

Thanks

Coralbuff

Were did you get the wave maker from.

Great wood work! Your tank looks very professional.

Thanks Shook,

I puchased the W/M from Dr. Fosters I think. They are available many places though. It is working great!

Coralbuff

As everyone else said, that is an awesome tank! How's that clown doing? I'm working on a 5.5 AGA myself and would like to be able to have a false percula in it (mainly because that's about all my LFS has :rolleyes:). Do you just have it in there temporarily, or is 5.5g enough for a false perc? Thanks!

It is near time to move him to my bigger tank (50g) he likes to host in the Torch as does the clown in my 50. So I will move him with his symbiotic pal. I am starting a bigger Tank but may not finish soon enough to move him to that one.I would rather set him up in the 50 for now so I do not haveto rush the big project.

Thanks

coralbuff

Archived