Cultivated Reef

Mississippi?

bedavids

If you really want it i will hold it for you, The thing is i have to sell it before i move out in may. I would like to sell it way before that thuough. I will sell it for 300 if i have to meet you all the way but i will sell all but the rock for 280. Maybe your husband will want to get you an early christmas present. As for the cave the only way i have been able to build one (without the right shaped rocks) is to use reef epoxy to glue them in successfully, and will not fall down. This stuff is usually sold in all aquarium shops that sell corals for about 8 dollars max. If you cannot find any e-mail me back and i will try to ship you some!

Just let me know how long before you get the money and i will hold it for you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF WILL DEF. BE BEFORE MAY, MAYBE I CAN PAY IF ME EBAY STUFF BRINGS IN THE MONEY!! SO 300 IF U BRING AND 280 IF I PICKUP? IIIIIIIII REALLYYYYY DOO WANTT ITTT!!

ANY CHANCE U HAVE SOME PICTURES?? WHAT WERE U SUGGESTING ABOUT LIGHTING FOR THE NANO CUBE??

I do have pictures and I will post them in the member gallery section because i do not know how to post them in my forum. the back does need to be cleaned it is covered in coraline algae. I just cleaned the filters yesterday and everything is up and running fine.

Nick do you guys frag swap every meeting because If i come I do not want to bring coral if not needed?

Just checking in,

THinking about a seahorse in my ten gallon, probably a pygmy but i will have to see what others think first. I really want something exotic. I also got some zoo's from the LFS it was a custom order. I hope they spread fast. My last ones did but I had way more Light.

How is everyone else from MS?????

were cool here, i got a sun coral, mushroom, so lil hermitd a star fish and a firefish today at the lfs, IZZUE, any news on the xenia?

were cool here, i got a sun coral, mushroom, so lil hermitd a star fish and a firefish today at the lfs, IZZUE, any news on the xenia?

Chariss

Gonna check on the frag today during maintaince-- or I might even brake the big rock... this Xenia is nice but grows fast for a Nano..

Hey I dont want to get caught up between yu and the LFS ( Fishbowl rocks)

but Ive actually meet yu before in the store couple of Months ago-- I think at that time you had a smaller tank. If I remember correctly I TOLD ya about nano-reef.com :D

The Xenia at the Fishbowl right now -- or had Thursday was a VERY nice example of a Purple pulsing... much nicer than what I have-- Mine is white and feeders are larger size than most-- check out my Gallary pics and you can see it bottom right facing the tank.. Im actually starting to think its a PITA the way it grows but it is always cool to pass some on to someone that wants it.

Ill let ya know after I do some work today-- RODI pouring up right now :happydance:

Izzue

thats cool, yeah we talked at fish bowl about the corals... i didnt know this was you, thats so funny. i have learned alot anout thing since being om here. i went to the lfs yesterday, i picked up a sun coral, star fish, 5 blue legged hermits, some green type of mushroom and a firefish. unfortually the firefish didnt make the other fish tore his fins and stressed him out way to much and themselves and eventually through the night they all died.?? i checked all the water condtions and everything was fine i dun no.

Everything you bought died? or just all your fish?

I got some new Ultra neon green ricordia today. Their is three of them and they are so cool. I also got a red fancy brittle star. So that makes it 1 Golden coral banded shrimp, 1 Lettuce nubibranch ( very cool), 1 Emerald green crab, 10 blue leggs, 10 astrea snails, 10 nassarious snails, 1 unknown bad starfish.

just the fish!! i have no clue, i about gave up sw tanks. i just had to flush about 100 dollars worth of fish down the toliet, which really sucked

Yes please alaborate-- all died???

What kinda Fish tore up a Firefish??? Damsel??

Yu have a 12gal cube right??

List the fish yu have...

If I had purchased what yu did-- btw those Sun Corals are awesome-- but keep in mind they do cause some bioload, they like to eat :)

I would have done a Rodi dip then placed it on the bottom ( Sun coral)

Wow Star fish can be touchie-- most inverts like that including hermit crabs I would have slow dripped acclamation for prob 2 hours- Donald keeps salinity on some stuff way low..

The Firefish could have been dripped for about 30 minutes-- DO NOT add fish water from transport bag to your tank. LFS a LOT of times add meds to that water that contains copper that will KILL all inverts some corals-- depends how much in water, it will not bother fish.

Ok Im sorry -- gonna stop hear-- let me know if you need this kind of info cause Im not sure just trying to help ya...

Ok yu have posted while I was writing this

Please explain 100 dollars of fish gone-- kinds what problem??

Izzue

hey izzue, the fish that were attacking the fire were my clown and royal gramma, not sure if was because they were stressed? i dont know what type do dip to get... star fish is a brown and black banded serpent. yes all the fish died last night, i checked all the peremters and all were normal..however i did buy a new therometer and this morning it said the tank was 81! i unplugged it and goning to take it back, its only a 50w i dont understand why it made the temp go so high, it was only set at 75. any suggestions

ps.... i didnt use any water from the lfs.

Ouch-- so sorry to hear that..

How long has that tank been setup-- it has cycled right-- just wondering if you got an amonia spike....did you test ammonia

Sounds like the heat could have killed the fish if it was a broad temp change but 81 is not that high unless the tank previously was like 70 or so.

All else is fine but the fish- right?? How long had the other fish been in tank??

Ive seen alot of post about bad heaters and bad therometers. I run an Azoo chiller-heater with led display-- I still have two other temp gauges to make sure it agrees with the Azoo.

When I say Dip -- that is a fresh water dip process- just get some pure water from walmart like Deionized or RO (reverse osmo) LFS will sale ya RODI by the gallons also. This should be the kind of water you use to make up salt water and to top off.... back to fresh water dip-- just pour some into a clean rinsed tupperware and take the coral and place it in the water and aggitate with hand for about 1 minute ( some ppl vary on this) then place coral in tank. The fresh water will remove any bacteria build up -- most flat worms. I usually dip all corals then toss into tank. --- except SPS

Izzue

Chariss

Just do a search on drip acclamation -- best way to introduce fish, some corals, inverts-- the process slowly gets the LFS salinity to the salinity you have in your tank. EX-- Lfs keeps his salinity down to help on infections-- lets say the Fish bag water reads 1.018 and my tank reads 1.025-- You drip your tank water to the critter bag until the inside of bag reads 1.025-- then add to tank, excluding the water in the bag

Ok im off for a couple of hours of maintance-- peace out

Izzue

my tank has been setup for a while, i just transfered everything from the mini bow to the nano cube. yeah i know about the drip acc. due to buying from saltwaterfish.com thats what they suggest. i bought all my fish at the same time. they also killed my jawfish the same way they did the firefish but the jawfish was indroduced the same time the others were. what i mean is they were all bought at the same time, the only fish that was added was the fire. all the corals and everything else is fine and doing ok. ill let you know if there is any more changes. the temp was at 75-78 before i changed the thermoter, but the old one had to be set way down to be at that temp.

i did test for amonina... it was fine

i did test for amonina... it was fine

Charris

I would wait some time before adding anymore fish-- I have no clue what may have happened-- REally sorry about your fishees-- I lost a firefish last week

The Xenia is doing fine maybe another week-- I want it to climb to the peak of the frag rock before separateing it..

Wow I wish I had answers thats alot to loose....

Izzue

well, maybe by the 28th it will be done. i am going to nc from the 22nd to the 28th so maybe it will be done by the time i get back!! thats for trying to help. who much for the xenia? do never said a price. thanks again for trying to help!!

well, maybe by the 28th it will be done. i am going to nc from the 22nd to the 28th so maybe it will be done by the time i get back!! thats for trying to help. who much for the xenia? do never said a price. thanks again for trying to help!!

Hey charris18,

Do you know anyone coming to Memphis in the near future? If you want some xenia, I have plenty to give you. I have pompom and elongata.

Nick

not right now but ATTENTION ANYONE!!! IF YOU GO TO MEMPHIS PLEASE PICKUP SOME XENIA FOR ME AND I WILL PICK IT UP FROM YOU. i really like all the xenia. if you read the post above ive lost all my fish so all i have now are some corals and clean up crew. not really sure whate actually happen to them.

Charris

No worries-- no charge-- but if it overgrows your tank, dont blame me

:haha:

This stuff is on steroids and grows fast-- but in current the way it waves and pulses everyone seems to like it and point it out.

The frag may be plenty for me bye next Saturday so either way Ill have it ready for ya when you get back.. Have a safe trip :D

Izzue

Archived