Top Shelf Aquatics

Mississippi?

bedavids

Is anybody selling or trading coral frags or equipment in mississippi or around the southern part of memphis? I just started my nano and only have four frags. Also if anyone is still intrested I still have a 75 gallon fowler system for sale or for really good trade. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
forrestp38829

I am in corinth, ms. you?

i dont currently have any frags to trade with, still waiting on grow out...grrr. we should keep in touch. i dont know of anyone even remotely close to me. kinda cool

Your in cornith, im in oxford thats only 45 min. Where have you been buying frags? What do you have? I have four ricordia 1 orange and blue and 3 green and purple, and some orange button polyps. I had a 75 gal. full but my roomate accidently put a penny in the tank and everythings dead. Still have the entire set up but only doing a ten gal. nano reef.

I'm in Oxford as well. I'm originally from Memphis, so I'm back and forth from time to time.

My younger brother is in school at NECC (Booneville), and I'm there sometimes. However, it's pretty seldom.

-jmt

Do you have any frags for sale and where do you buy from? Kermits Gonefishin or something fishy? do you know anbody that wants to buy a 75 gallo setup?

Yaaa Hooo

Mississippi reefers unit---- ok so I got a little carried away :D

I live in Brandon MS-- outside of Jackson...

Ive had the best luck of getting frags I like out of California (mail) etc...

I have managed to stock my tank with small frags from the LFS

named the FISHBOWL 601-853-0106-- Danold is a great LFS owner

he will special order what ever you want-- Frags are harder to come by-- I just

check on a weekly basis-- picked up 2 leather frags Friday.

Said he would be getting more in now that the weather is cooling off.

He is located in Ridgeland Ms

Izzue

I have been to the fishbowl, it has a pretty good selection. I actually bought a devils hand leather from them when i had the 75. gal. You are right frags are hard to come by. although if i did'nt use frags i could fill up my ten gallon faster but their wouldnt be but about five corals in the whole tank. Its good to see some people from MS i thought all the reefers were in so cal.

I know what you mean about finding frags-- thats why I check almost every week.

I got a smaller piece of Xenia that was just waving in his tank. AT first it seemed like non pulsing xenia until I upgraded my light to 130 watt PC-- Wow the stuff went crazy pulsing and grew so fast-- I traded it (already had made myself smaller frag) for a Firefish and took 10 bucks off my 1st piece of SPS. He just lately started getting some nice colonies of SPS (3 inchs by 3inchs) for around 49.00. Just not a lot of colors--one I got is basically white with purple neon tips :)

I bet JMT has plenty of frags-- if he would give them up instead of making a new tank--lol

Izzue

I prefer Kermit's Reef in Memphis. Dave is a great guy and always up for experimenting.

Down here there's Rodney's shop. He's a nice guy, but his tanks aren't really set-up to house a lot of coral.

As for frags, I don't have all that many. I'd be willing to help you out with whatever I have, but all of them are in Memphis, wasting away in a neglected tank.

I've got A LOT of dry goods (tanks -- new and used, stands, etc., etc.), however. I've even got some nice Marshall live rock I need to get rid of.

Let me know if you're interested.

Jmt,

I'm really trying to sell my 75 gal. I would trade it for a 37 tall or a 40 gallon breeder. I am going this weekend to memphis to go to kermits to see if he has anything. I know that rodneys shop isnt at all what i need. He does get some things in from timr to time. If you do want to trade tank stand for tank stand I am interested but i would really like to sell it. Either way getting it out of my hair would be nice. I have only got about 7 months left up here until i move back home to meridian, so i am trying to get as many corals as i can because meridian has not got a lfs. Anyways I also have a 29 gallon for sell or trade as well. I need lighting also so if you have anything let me know.

Have any of you been able to grow coraline algae super fast. I didnt have alot in my 75 gallon because i used 10000K metal halides with no actinics. Everybodys tanks i see are covered in coraline . I love the stuff but for some reason cannot get it to grow. I use a 50 watt compact on my 10 gal with a 15 watt actinic and add all the correct chemicals. Ive just heard that some people can grow tons of it in a months time. Is it the rock or what?

I do not need anymore tanks. The ones I have are all below 20ga. (nc6, 16ga Bow, 15L, 10S, etc.).

As for corraline, it depends. It has a lot more to do with your calcium/alkalinity and your live rock than it does with your lighting spectrum.

-jmt

my calcium is at 489 and akalinity is around the same match. i do get some red algae but i think its just red slime algae. Does anyone know if there is t-5 lighting for 10 gallons?

hey hey finally some people around, i have been to the fishbowl also, they have some pretty cool stuff to, i just bought 2 feather dusters and a huge colonly of star polyps. anybody got any xenia for sale? please help me out.

Whats up,

I just got back from kermits reef in memphis and picked up a few new things. I got a small frag of pulsing xenia and a lettuce nubibranch. They had alot more stuff but I was after some xenia. Charris 18 when my xenia gets big enough to frag i would love to trade for some of your green star polyps. I also got some Kent marine Nano tech A&B. I am going to try it out for a few months. My richordia finally split into three this afternoon really cool.

Im still trying to sell my 75 gal if anybody wants it or knows sombody who does?

Also is saw a tooth coral (galaxia) i wanted but the people said that it has super long sweeper tentacles that are very potent. Has anybody ever kept any.

I am also looking for some frogspawn, hammer, or torch coral if anybody has any?

Whats up,

I just got back from kermits reef in memphis and picked up a few new things. I got a small frag of pulsing xenia and a lettuce nubibranch. They had alot more stuff but I was after some xenia. Charris 18 when my xenia gets big enough to frag i would love to trade for some of your green star polyps. I also got some Kent marine Nano tech A&B. I am going to try it out for a few months. My richordia finally split into three this afternoon really cool.

Im still trying to sell my 75 gal if anybody wants it or knows sombody who does?

Also is saw a tooth coral (galaxia) i wanted but the people said that it has super long sweeper tentacles that are very potent. Has anybody ever kept any.

I am also looking for some frogspawn, hammer, or torch coral if anybody has any?

thats cool bedavids right now its just a little rock maybe 30 polyps, i also have a huge colonly of redish burgendy stars, not really sure how to frag that i guess when its spends just remove some, i could always ask my lfs. i am looking for the same thing as you, hammer,glalaxia, fogspawn and torch, etc. i bought me little rock of 30+ off ebay for like 29 with shiping, i got some great deals off ebay, if you are looking for low shipping some people still do offer it. others can range from 15-75 dollars some like i would be better to buy at my lfs. bedavis where exactly do you live?

I live in oxford Ms. The only way I know how to frag GSP is when it grows to another rock just take that rock out. Also if it ever spreads to the glass you can scrape it off with a razor blade and place it on a rock. The only thing I have ever fraged is mushrooms and xenia. The only thing I have right now is brown button polyps with small green centers ( 2 seperate frags and one small single polyp)

I really love ny nubibranch it is the neatest thing to watch. I will soon have some green and purple richordia.

Still trying to sell my 75. I can not start another tank until i sell it.

I go to the University of Mississippi (ole miss)

Hey Charriss18

Think I can help ya on the xenia

Ive got Basically white pulsing -- they love flow and light

Ill need to get a rock in place to frag but this stuff grows fast-- so far

no seeding or sheading-- just grows and pulses like crazy.

I recently swapped a frag out to Fishbowl-- LMK

Maybe we can make a trade...

Izzue

really dont have much, the only thing i do have is a large colonly of redish star polyps and a small rock of green star polyps, where are you at?

heheh

Almost next door-- I live in Brandon :D

When I do mantience this week end-- Ill get a rock in place to grow some of it

on it for ya-- may take a couple of weeks. Ill let ya know..

Izzue

anything you may want or i can just pay you, how much is it gonna cost me? i know where brandon is, atleast the crossgates exit. thanks for helping me out. do you know where the walmart is in richland? maybe you could come over and check out my tank and give me some advice on a nice way to make a cave out of my rock, im having some trouble. i could chip in some gas money if thats cool with you. if you had time, if not thats ok, i have 2 kids some im not gonna come onto you or anything. sorry that sounded corny. thanx candice

I've got a handful of coral and a fish that I need to get rid of. They are being horribly neglected back in Memphis.

If any of y'all are up Oxford way, let me know. I think we could work out something.

Archived