Innovative Marine Aquariums

[CUSTOM] Sum_Reefer

Sum_Reefer

Oh yeah I got like 10 snails. Some are very small but you see them sometimes. The rock has tons of coraline on it. The back of the big one on the left is covered in pink coraline. But it is just flat thats why it is in the back. I will need more time to see if I got anymore hitchikers. I have only had the rock in the tank for about 4 days. I am hoping more will show up. Good ones that is. :D I will keep posting pics as new stuff arrives.

Well here is a shot of my macro I picked up today. Holy crap did I get some hitchhikers with this. A snail, clam, hermit, and a bunch of bugs and worms. Pretty cool I am just pondering what is going to crawl out of this grass next. Hopefully nothing bad.

post-16973-1132628515_thumb.jpg

post-16973-1132628540_thumb.jpg

I am not sure of the name exactly. The guy at my LFS told me it was called sea grass. I actually got a large piece of live rock with it and they only charged me $6. I feel I got a pretty good deal. I saw two bristle worms on it last night. Tons of hitchhikers. I will post pics. I am going in there this weekend I will post the name for you Ann.

I have the evil red slime algae in my fuge. I increased my flow hopefully this will cure the problem. I am still cycling will have new pics soon.

Some updates.....I did get rid of the red algae....I have a couple of zoo's that have just become noticable. Also have 2 featherdusters arise as well. I am nearing the end of my cycle. I will start adding livestock as soon as possible. Will post pics soon.

Funny you should ask. Not good at all. I am thinking I need better lighting. I am using a 5100k 10W right now. I don't think it is doing the trick. Plus there are like 10 bristle worms the size of texas in my fuge I think that is contributing to the death of my macro. I am going to get some more some time this week and some more coral.

• 2 weeks later...

I am out of the contest. My tank cracked late last night and drained about 50% of its water. Not sure why it cracked. Must be from such thin glass. Was able to save everything. Up till the late AM transfering it all into a 5g hex. Good luck to everyone in the contest.

Just a pic of what my pico has become.

Well this is what I constructed late in the AM when my contest pico cracked. It has.

3x20 coralife 50/50 screw ins. Yes under stock hood. Running PC fan. Very easy mod.

50W Hydor Theo heater. Temp stays around 78-80.

6Lb LS

6Lb LR

Not what I had in mind but it turned out pretty good.

post-16973-1136058457_thumb.jpg

Noooo, nightmare!! I'm glad that you managed to save everything, it could so easily have gone the other way if you'd been out when the tank cracked. :wacko:

The new set-up looks good, I hope that it fares better than the previous one.

Best regards

Ann

Archived