inTank Media Baskets

[CUSTOM] Sum_Reefer

Sum_Reefer

Well there it is my entry photo. The start of my new tank. I will be using a 2.5 gallon fuge to match. I drilled my tank today. Went good no cracks. Guess I had better luck than daemonfly. Good luck to everyone. More pics soon.

^

| My secret weapon. :D

post-16973-1130365486_thumb.jpg

Ohhhh man. I should have never said what I said about daemonfly's tank breaking. Right when I was snugging stuff down.....CRACK!!!!!!!!! Drilled out my other tank with no problems. So now I have to go back to the LFS and get another tank for my fuge. Right when you think you shouldn't tighten it anymore...Something in your head tells you, you should. This is the result. Dang it. I hate it when that happens.

:owned:

They are quite easy to crack. I'm fully expecting my 2nd one to crack as well, but with it's current design, it shouldn't be a problem.

At least I'm not the only one now ;)

I was sweating when I drilled the second one. I figure you only get lucky once. I cracked mine while I was tighting my 90. I have a little different design than yours. When did yours crack? While you were drilling? I used a dremel on mine 7134 diamond bit I think cant remember the # exactly. I just put it in my kitchen sink with water running over it the whole time. Worked quite well. In my entry pic the tank that is pictured is the one that broke. You can see my plumming in the back its just not tightend up in the picture.

Update on my progress. I just bought another 2.5. Hopefully I wont have anymore breaking on me. I will have my stand and light done very soon 2x20w coralife 50's had them laying around might as well use them. Doing a leak test on my current 2.5 display tank and everything is holding up good. Plumming is almost 100% complete. I am using a 250gph topfin pond pump for my return. Just need to buy my heater and I will be ready to put some LR and LS from my other tank in. I will post some pics this weekend.

Mine cracked as I was installing the external durso. Just a slight bit of pressure the wrong way & it cracked. Did the 2nd hole only with the RotoZip bit, left a better quality hole, as the first time, the diamon-dust bit I used to clean up the hole was pretty cheap & made it worse. Then made a 1/4" Plexi "pressure plate" that I drilled a hole into to fit between the glass and the external pvc T to help distribute the pressure. The cracks went from each side of the hole out then up to the top so there's kind of a shallow U in the back of the tank now.

I did mine in a rubbermaid storage bin, with an AC powerhead pumping water through a 1/4" hose, worked well for the small tank :)

I was temporarily using a 250 Sedra, but it's impeller was warped, so would heat up & lock, not to mention running at the max of the draining system.. Switched to a Danner Mag Drive 190gph and it's working perfectly, and half the wattage (less heat output!).

I hope you have a like a 1000000000 gallon tank to transfer it now! You should know

how big great whites get... do your research!

God what a nOOb! :o

More updates....

Painted tanks

Installed Fan for lights. Want heater to warm up tank not lights.

Installed moonlight.

Will have rock and sand in both by end of next week. Was going to take rock out of my other tank. But I am going to get some uncured fiji from premium aquatics instead. More fun that way. I am really not in a rush. Anyway here are some updated pics.

post-16973-1131341393_thumb.jpg

post-16973-1131341405_thumb.jpg

post-16973-1131341412_thumb.jpg

post-16973-1131341420_thumb.jpg

Some updates..

Ordering live rock and sand tomorrow from premium aquatics. Have not delt with them before but what I have heard about them they are pretty good. Haven't completely decided on rock. Either marshall or fiji.

Redid my light mounting they were hanging at a wierd angle before.

Polished my aluminium plate behind my lights.

Finish cutting my glass top for my fuge. Because I stepped on the first one I cut.

Will have pics up soon. They will be better than before because I will use my digital camera instead of my phone. I lost my damn USB cord had to get a new one.

It's a snail? Hermit crab?? I can't tell really from that shot I'm afraid. :huh::D

This is a great looking set-up though, love the rockwork. Keep the updates coming.

Best regards

Ann

Its a snail. I thought it was a hermit at first. Because of the shell.But its just a snail sweet shell. Oh I am all about the updates. Sometimes I think I post to many pics. :D Thanks for the compliments on the rocks. This is my third and final aquascape I think.

Above pic FTS.

post-16973-1132389180_thumb.jpg

post-16973-1132389326_thumb.jpg

Archived