Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Custom 10-Gallon Canopy Plans

ross76053

kris_willard

Hi there,

Im a reefer up here in canada and am considering a 10gal nano and stumbled upon this site and this post. I have a 90gal preadator tank with a coralife aqualight 260watt pc fixture. The reason im telling you this is in regards to the glass sheild in the hood. I got 1/4" custom glass for the tops on my 90 and the light sits about 1" off the glass and well i would stick with plexi/acrylic because i have officially broke 2 sets of glass tops due to the heat off the light. If you plan on using glass i would recomend tempered glass. Just my opinions/experience. Hood looks awesome!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kris_willard

Sorry,

This post is in reply to the Custom 10gal canopy thread by ross. Admin please move post. Accidentally posted new thread insted of replying.

• 2 months later...
Domino_Tang

Hey yea im taking your idea .. umm Problem being im not very good at doing cuts .. lmao .. i have a unstedy hand and cant even cut a straight line out of a piece of paper .. lmao but i can draw

Domino_Tang

Hey yea im taking your idea .. umm Problem being im not very good at doing cuts .. lmao .. i have a unstedy hand and cant even cut a straight line out of a piece of paper .. lmao but i can draw

• 2 weeks later...
Domino_Tang

Hey yea im using your idea .. i just came back from home depot not sure as though if i got the right trims ... i printed out what i could of the list

I got the 2 x 2 x 1/2

sand paper ect

Now what im thinking ... how to make the cuts from the 2x2x1/2 pieces of wood? think you could draw out from paint ... the way i should do the cuts?... Also i might have other questions /... but i just gonna go head and start sanding the piece before hand ... also the tank stand? could you post up how to construct that as well? since theres no directions as to how to make your tank stand on the bottom half ... thanks =]

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
is it me or i cant see the pics

Wow - any idea what happened to the pics in my post here? Alotta work missing....

neanderthalman

Any pics that were loaded as attachments were lost in the great forum software switch of oct. 2005. Those that were outside URLs, and I think gallery images, are still around. Some of the outside url images had their code showing up as text with strikethrough formatting, for some odd reason. A quick edit should remove the strikethrough formatting and the pic should show up.

HTH.

• 2 months later...

yeah that was an awesome step by step ... too bad there's no pics left. i would have really liked to have seen it.

is there anyway you can post a pic of the finished product of what it looks like now... if you are still using it...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived