inTank Media Baskets

Easy Refugium Fuge Light for the Nano Cube

steelhealr

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoCube-boy
Nanotuners has some LED fuge lights on their website.

Does it work well? Have anyone tried it? Hows the growth on the plants in the fuge?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just got done reading all this..... took me a few hours.... I enjoyed it very much.

I didn't see a persons questions answered about LED's. Is anyone using them and has anyone tried these?

http://stores.ebay.com/MeasureExplorer_Whi...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I emailed the seller and they told me the LED's are 5mm standard small power LED. Each LED takes about 60mW. It generates light flux similar to a 1W bulb. The color temperature is 5600K, daylight white.

There's actually been a few different questions.... but that happens, no worries.

I ordered the LED's mentioned above in my post except that I ordered the 24 LED setup in a single 12" stick. I'm hoping to get that in the mail in the next few days. I hope it works well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The LED's I got had very little growth to be seen.

I got the 27w quad bulb setup from Lowes tonight. The bulb that came with the lamp is 27W = 100W 6400K. I bought a 27W = 125 at 6500K to put in it. Hope it works!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i abandoned my fuge project cause i couldnt control the temp spike with the light on.

17w seemed a bit to much my 12G.

I was wondering also, any new lights out there that people have been using?

I want something that will grow the cheato but not to hot....any thoughts?

Im actually thinking of this again to help with nitrate spikes im having lately.

It's been going on 3 weeks on my new light and the chaeto has more then doubled in size. I'm very pleased with my desk lamp. I'm currently running it 7 1/2 hours a night. I have zero heat issues with it.

The desk lamp with the quad bulb from Home Depot is the cheapest HighLife. And you don't have to put it right up next to the glass so you can keep your heat down.

The desk lamp with the quad bulb from Home Depot is the cheapest HighLife. And you don't have to put it right up next to the glass so you can keep your heat down.

ohh, that sounds nice, only issue is that the light leaks. My AP12G is my bed tank, meaning its right next to my bed so i can wake up in the morning and see my fishes =)

Do they put out alot of heat? wondering cause i might be able to use my original box method to keep the light from leaking.

Archived