inTank Media Baskets

[CUSTOM] Xytrix01

Xytrix01

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ann, I really do love the way that this tank is comming along. I think it will be filled in beautyfully by the time the contest is over.

unfourtunatly, Joey, my little baby clown died thismorning at around 8:25am. At some point last night he explored his way into my overflow, and became trapped in my mechanical filter box. He was pinned in the tube untill I freed him. He was still breathing, but not looking so hot. I put him back into the display and he sank straight down to the bottom and landed on my acan. The acan clamped onto his head almost imediatly, I pulled him away as fast as I could, but I guess the acan had alredy stung him, as he stopped breathing. I have felt so bad about this all day! I couldn't bring myself to look at the clowns at work, and I can't help but feel bad for him. From here on out, no more fish! not till I get my 30 set up. :tears:

well, a few weeks ago i thought u were no competition but NOW... OMG what an improvemnt!!! i cant believe my eyes!!! i am scared :bowdown::scarry::eek: lolololol almost all the alges is gone and the tank looks GREAT!!!! i want more LPS (the ones i have now went through a Alk and Calcum prob. i had a few months back in the tank they came from [my 30g] so they arent as bright [green frogspaw and green bubble coral] ... :(

i think that's a saddle back clown. awesome tank!

I hope not because it came from a spawn of true percs, and I know the guy who bread them! From what I understand, when they are young like that their stripes may not be compleatly developed.

No updates really... I',m noticing some growth on all the corals, but nothing worthy of a pic yet. That and I have to mow my alge again...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been busy again... I got another acan, and re-aranged the tank a bit for a more balanced look. I also mowed my algae down to tolerable levels again.

BEFORE:

Pico2-6-060001.jpg

AFTER:

FTS.jpg

Please excuse the new image, I didn't have time to get out the tripod and all the good photo stuff, so the pic was just shot handheld on auto... :P

What? No responces??? I'm hurt! I go through all the effort of re-aranging, taking pictures, uploading, and posting, and nobody even notices??? OHHHH THE AGONY!!!!!

*drowns self in pico*

Now really... What do we think of the new photo? I'm not sharing my new update til you all comment on my last one! :P

Of course I noticed and I was going to comment but to be honest your tank is looking too good for words. ;) I really, really like the new look and when my tank grows up it wants to be just like yours. :bowdown:

Now come on post us another update. :D

Best regards

Ann

Thanks Ann, I knew somebody cared! :P Anyhow, I'll share my newest update just for you! I just need to get pics after everything opens back up today.

Fishfreak218

WOW, what a great tank.. i love it.. looks awesome.. i really like the coral in the right corner.. what is it??? it looks like Star Polyps but they are pretty big to be star polyps.. alos am loving that hammer and frogspawn and Xenia.. u really do have a great tank... u got rid of all that algea.. i just cant stop looking at it...

ok now ill shut up

The coral in the lower right corner is a green polyp pipe organ. I really like the hammer too, such a stunning green on the tips. I like the LPS corals because they add both colour and movement to the tank. I mean the acans are pretty, but they don't really move at all.

i saw your change the day you posted but since i liked it the way it was i kept quiet. :P

it still looks great but i just preferred the other layout.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry all, I've been really busy lately, and while things have happened in the tank, I just havn't had time to write about them... I'll do my best to take pix and update either tomorow or wed.

Oh, and I got a new freind... He's a hitchiker from some Jakarta rock we got in at work. He was soooo cool I had to take him home. Not sure what kind he is yet though. And don't worry, he's not in the pico, he lives in his own little tank right now.

Mantis009.jpg

Mantis021.jpg

Mantis024.jpg

I like him!!! :lol:

Well, sad to report that as of 12:12am on Wednesday march 22, 2006 my little hitchiker mantis has passed away. RIP little guy.

I will not give up though, I have become rather intrigued by these creatures, and will continue setup of the new tank in anticipation of getting another mantis...

Wow, I get a mantis, and it dies, and still nobody has a comment! Sheesh! :rolleyes: J/k

Anyways, big update comming tomorow, I just got done resizing and uploading all the pics and it's just too darn late tonight! *YAWN*

maybe it's just a molt? :(

did it taste good? :lol:

now you gotta get one on purpose! i'm thinking predator tank next for the "fun" aspect. "look kids, it's nemo! oops, there goes nemo. bye-bye." :o

Archived