Cultivated Reef

[STOCK] Jose68

Jose68

post-16798-1129777563_thumb.jpg

Well I'm a noob... at least to the PICO world...I've decided to enter this contest for the money and only for the money! :D But as I was shopping for my beautiful 12 dollar tank... I felt something... something in my chest...

'like my heart was hardening... It wasn't hunger nor was it envy... was it LOVE??? I know what an Erection feels like ... Michael! " In case you don't know where that came from it's from Arrested Development.

I'm really looking forward to compete in this! I hope you enjoy my tank!

post-16798-1129777586_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joseph and fluidimagrey for posting.... I'm going to let everyone see my first stages.. I bought the lights and the heater yesterday they will come in like a week or so... I bought that 18w single PC with a moonlight. you know i really can't remember the name of the lights company nor the heater name.. its 4.5inches and i'm hoping i can fit it in my filter... we'll see.

Here are some things I'm doing...

First of all it's the typical 2.5 AGA

an aqua clear 30 filter

I decided to go a little risky... as risky as the STOCK rules allow... I'm going with BLACK sand! yes I know it will take longer for the tank to cycle and all bu t I think it will help the corals stand out more...

well thats about it.. I got my rock today! it will look good when it cycles...i think.. you know i really can't remember the name of the lights company nor the heater name.. its 4.5inches and i'm hoping i can fit it in my filter... we'll see.

I took some pictures of the tank.. hope you like them...

post-16798-1129869438_thumb.jpg

post-16798-1129869452_thumb.jpg

Ok.. so I went to My LFS today and tried to buy a Porcelain crab... I found one and the lady at the store used a net to catch it... it wasn't till i got home that i realized the crabs legs were shriveled up.. I acclamated him thinking it was just playing dead, but it wasn't playing dead at all... the crab can move its front pinchers, but the back legs ... after a while, the crab can somewhat move his back legs in a pulse type fashion.. they are still shriveled up but whe ne gets spooked the all move as if he was trying to move them individually but can't it's really odd... is this normal.. (Stupid question) I'm thinking about returning him and showing them tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what you think is wrong.. my theory is that when the LFS lady pinned him with the net she must have damaged its spinal chord or something... i'm not sure.

... my theory is that when the LFS lady pinned him with the net she must have damaged its spinal chord or something... i'm not sure.

:huh: Ummm.... sorry Jose, but crabs do not have spinal cords. :)

Anyway, sorry to hear that yours is messed up :( The LFS girl very well may have damaged his nervous system nonetheless. I've seen that happen when over-eager LFS workers catch inverts with nets... That's why I catch pretty much every invert at the LFS I work at with my bare hands, mithrax crabs, pepperment shrimp, cleaner shrip, arrow crabs, mantis shrimp (well, maybe not the mantis :P ).

Good luck getting a healthy specimin, and in making an award wining tank!

Jared

Do you think that if i feed this guy it will heal and eventually get the use of his legs back? Do you think my tank will be that much more better if I pull the I have a crippled crab in my pico??? anyway the LFS had two crabs I got the smaller one but if I return it I'm probably going to get the larger one.. it didn't have as much color on it though.

if it is in fact nerve damage, he will not recover... better just go get the other one... and school that LFS girl on how to catch an invert!

Jared

here is a picture of my pico...

hope you like them

there are 3 types of ZOOs in there and the crippled porcealine crab! the crab was eating today with his feathery things... and his legs seemed to twitch a little... i'm going to see if he heals after he molts... He seems to be ok other than that.. he started moving around with crawling like a veitman vet without legs one arm at a time... He's a fighter!...

anyway i hope you enjoy the pic... in a little while i'm going to post a picture of my 16 bow! they look pretty good.

post-16798-1130738017_thumb.jpg

You see the fish everyday, and are the best judge of their well-being. Let the tang police flame away. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the maroon clown killing the perc :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived