Pod Your Reef

[CUSTOM] jmorris

jmorris

OK, so it's gonna be even closer than I thought, but the tank will be here thursday. I'll post an official entry pic then, and have the tank up and running by Friday/Saturday (they will probably run into one continuous day for me omgomgomg )

B ythe way, Paul at First Class Aquatics is da' man! he had to put my tank on hold while he went on an emergency business trip... but when he got back, he busted it out, and shipped it xpress two day at his additional cost to meet the quote he originally gave me. wow... now that's staying true to one's word! For all your custom nano needs, look up fade2black here on n-r.com, or check out his site, First Class Aquatics

Thanks,

Jared

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cuttoff is supposed to be this Saturday., You have to have the entry photo AND a pic of the tank actually set up. The entry photo by Saturday is easy for me (the tank gets here tomorrow... yay!!), the setup by saturday is making me sweat!

If you can't squeeze it in by then, talk to Gil, maybe he'll give you an extention a) for senority, and, B) since you've been talking about entering since the begining. Hope it works out for 'ya.

I'm tired of wating for pictures....lol...hurry up!

Oh yeah...I need some advice from you at some point...I'm having some slight issues...PM sent with contact info.

FINALLY!

From left to right: main tank, refugium, sump

post-15106-1131061451_thumb.jpg

width

post-15106-1131061534_thumb.jpg

height

post-15106-1131061589_thumb.jpg

depth

post-15106-1131061647_thumb.jpg

And in other good tank-related news, the supposedly "back-ordered" stand actually showed up today too... :huh: woo hoo! :haha:

setup pics by 11:59pm Saturday.

Jare

amazing, yes; kick-ass, yes; slick, yes... but what do you think of my movie and sock choice?

Jared

p.s. - thanks everyone! :P

Give me half an hour more, and the setup pic will be up... fresh water fill still, but salt water goes in tomorrow. Sorry, I'm coming in late, but there was a leak in the tank I was not able to see in the leak test, and so I had to disassemble half way, fix said leak, then re-setup. please do not delete. :(

Jared

ok, almost there... a little more trouble with that leak than expected ( Paul did a great job on this tank overall, I just rushed him a little, and so a leak is not too surprising, lol!)

Again, Gil, please do not delete! :bowdown: I'll have it up by 3am, I promis!

Jared

OK, the moment we've all been waiting for... my tandem sps/macro(refugium) pico contest entry! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

post-15106-1131273468_thumb.jpg

Still just fresh water, but I've got salt mixing as I type, and will have live rock, macro, and a couple of snails in by (later) morning

Pics of plumbing and such to come... stay tuned!

Jared

LR in and aquascaped in both tanks, and the fuge is alredy teeming with macro! Pics when I get home from work (YAY! work after 0 hours of sleep for two days in a row :owned: ... stupid boxes of water... you ruin my life! :rant: )

The good news is that I got the leak fixed, and everything is working like a charm. I still need another powerstrip for all the dam "kit" (as Ann would say) I have on this little system though. Also, I have a 4" fan from hamilton helping to cool/ventilate my stand, and it is LOUD! Anyone know of a good quiet four inch fan? I have already cut the hole and installed this one, so any advice must be regarding a 4" (four inch) fan.

Corals go in in a couple days when I'm good and sure things have stablized entirely. Mexican Red-head Goby is going in as soon as I see decent pod production out of the fuge.

By the way, did I mention how much this system already kicks ass? :D

Jared

hey man let me know when youre ready for some frags....im not in the contest so i'll just help you out ha ha ive got tons of orange digit with green base, i may just drop off the fragging piece at aqua life after you come pick up your frags

OK, so some aquascaping shots. Pardon the fuzzyness, I was still dealing with micro bubbles. The next set of pics should be much clearer, as i have eliminated the bubble problem by packing the sump full of LR :D

The sps tank:

Left side post-15106-1131334067_thumb.jpg Front post-15106-1131334021_thumb.jpg Right sidepost-15106-1131334113_thumb.jpg

The Refugium:

Left post-15106-1131334220_thumb.jpg Front post-15106-1131334174_thumb.jpg Right post-15106-1131334254_thumb.jpg

And the only "added" inhabitant so far, not counting hitchhikers (like a nice size bristle worm in the fuge... nice cooked rock right? :owned: ).

post-15106-1131334355_thumb.jpg

Also, my fish choice may change, as my friend just informed me she may have some really neat little gobies which may edge-out the very cool red-head goby in cuteness/coolnes points... we'll see <_< .

EDIT: The goby she has and is suggesting is the red stripe goby, Eviota guttata:

p_89414.jpg

this is the red-head goby, Elacatinus puncticulatus, the one I had planed on originally:

Elacatinus%20punticulatus.jpg

It's too tough for me to choose... So, maybe you guys can help!? Which do you like more, red head or red stripe?

!ATTENTION!

Tech pics to come soon (in the next week or so, after I get it all organized in there! lol!)

Stay tuned,

Jared

I feel neglected... :( Nobody has anything to say about my aquascaping, fish choice, or just the setup in general? :huh: Doesn't anybody love me? :tears:

Wait a sec... Are you all too busy "oooh-ing" and "ahhh-ing" over Tigahs tank to care about mine? :angry: Well then, if that's the case, I understand... I have trouble carign about my tank when I look at Tigah's too! :P

But seriously, does anyone have any opinions? I could use constructive criticism.

Thanks,

Jared

Blind Tree Frog

I'm partial towards the red stripe, but it's hard to say without an intank picture like the red head has.

The piping in the corner confuses me though since it would look like an over flow return but i need to see a fulltank to really understand.

Archived