Top Shelf Aquatics

[STOCK] ZooGirl

ZooGirl

WOW....your tank looks GREAT..i think i want to change my sand out and add black sand now....lol....high maintenence but w/ my stocking hopefully there poop wont be to big and harder to see on the black sand....i absoultly love your tank...if you were local i would make an offer after the contest... (even if it wasnt for sale....lol...) ;):lol: ...anyway i can stop looking at your tank.......im in amazment....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh thank you FishFreak, that's very kind. I like the black but I don't have any hermits or fish to dirty it up so it's working for me so far. I only have the tiny feather duster that poops like a madman! :o

Oh and I'm sorry about your fishies. Very sad. :(

Soooo....the night before last my oaf of a trochus went and knocked a few frags off of the rocks. He's a brute! I know he's the culprit because the only other critters in that tank are worms, pods and a stomatella. So I had to reglue a couple frags last night and while I was doing that I figured I'd move the red blasto over a bit. I had recieved a few more frags yesterday that I was considering adding as well. So of course while I have my gigantic man hand in this tiny tank all the rocks decide to move! omgomgomg ARRRRGHH! I nearly lost it! Fortunately no big disaster but it does look a bit different. I guess I'm going to have to stare at the tank for a while to decide if there needs to be another rearrangement. Everyone is pretty angry right now so no pic, but I will take one as soon as things settle down.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Here's my final update for the year. Since the last rearrangement my trochus knocked over a few frags again, so he's outta there! Well, I also took him out because I just don't have that much algae in this tank and I was afraid he'd starve. I still have my stomatella though he's seldom seen. :ninja:

So a couple weeks ago I got a few frags. I bought a couple from Platinum Reefs and a new supplier I found, Aquarium Specialty. Dennis is always super to buy from. Every coral I ever get from him is pristine and beautiful! Scott from Aquarium Specialty was really great! Very nice and helpful. All of the corals from both places are perfect! I was only planning on putting a couple more frags in this tank but ended up putting the two blastos, acan echinata and blue xenia I received. I just couldn't help myself! :blush:

Here's a closeup of the lavender and neon green blasto from Platinum Reefs:

LavNeonBlasto.jpg

And the peach blasto from Aquarium Specialty:

PeachBlasto.jpg

Here's the blue xenia from Aquarium Specialty. It was such a deep blue when it arrived but has since faded a bit :angry: :

BlueXenia.jpg

The gorgeous :wub: hi-liter green acan echinata from Platinum Reefs:

HiLiterAE.jpg

Oh and I forgot to mention, I added a couple more little acan frags in the front. Not so much because I wanted to fill it up but out of necessity. My other tank contains Monster my giant jerk of a zebra hermit. He constantly takes little frags and man handles them then leaves them upside down in the sand. Grrr. He makes me so mad! Anyway, I decided to put my tiniest acans in the front of the pico. Here they can grow and be happy! :D

Here they are:

AcanValley.jpg

Oh and yes that acan is THAT green. It's actually brighter but I don't think the camera can capture it.

And lastly here is the current FTS shot:

FTS_123105.jpg

that's an amazing green! B) i especially like the contrast with the black substrate (reminds me of acoustic's old setup in its prime).

how about a downward angle shot? or true down-view shot? i think that would really show everything off against the dark substrate/"background".

i agree with the other comments, i think you're really starting to pull away from pack and build your lead. 'panic time' for the rest of Stock category.

hey waitaminute, i'm in Stock too! omgomgomg

Haha...thanks tiny!

Ya know, I tried taking an angled shot but the image came out blurry. I need to take a little time and try it again. The acans look cool looking down on them, you can really see their coloration. Another thing I could do or would like to do is get one of those acrylic boxes for the lens, then I could stick it in the water. I guess I'd have to make it though. Blah. <_<

Archived