Coral Vue Hydros

[STOCK] ZooGirl

ZooGirl

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA! That is sooo funny!! :lol:

Logan is so cute! And he's getting so big!! I really wish we lived closer it would be so fun to get the boys together to play! B)

My friend's daughter took her pug to Pugapalooza, but what we need is a Bostonstock!

Oh man, I couldn't imagine...

Logan is relentless :lol: around other smaller dogs with the playing. A friend has a larger Chihuahua (10lbs) that is an a-hole like logan and they just constantly play fight. It's funny but logan has the upper hand now that he's about 13lbs.

Aengus is pretty good with others probably because I have two bigger dogs that don't take any crap from him. Jack is 90lbs and if Aengus is a stinker he pins him to the ground by biting his neck. Heh. :lol: He will stick up for himself though when he is around other puppies if they try to push him around he goes after them growling and barking! It's hysterical. He was the smallest boy in the litter and his brothers pushed him around. I think he has a complex. :P

Well, since my last post there have been a few changes to the tank. I've rearranged the rocks AGAIN, and added a few corals to the tank. I'm still working on position so currently it looks a bit like a frag tank but it's getting there. I'm going to wait to post an updated FTS shot, but in the meantime here is a pic of my favorite coral who seems very happy in his new home. I wuv him! :wub:

FavDendro.jpg

I've also added my little chocolate zoos which are quite pretty in person! :)

ChocolateMint.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's Dendrophyllia Fistula, sometimes called sun polyps.
yer right too! i just think of dendronephs when people say dendros. i meant suns or dendronephs are too much work.

i got caught in that brain-lock once before on the two corals in another post. :blush:

i've just got too much dendronephthya on the mind, sorry. it's very pretty anways! :D

Thanks Tony! I'll see what I can do for ya there. Heh. :)

Since my last posting I decided to change out a bit of my substrate. Originally I had planned on using a few cups of the substrate I'm using in my 120g for my pico. Well, it had taken me so long to find a distributor that I broke down and bought some other gravely type stuff for the pico. Unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted a very black gravel and this other product was more of a gray granite. It looked OK but after I received my other substrate and seeing how black it is I had to change it. I didn't remove it all, just a thick top layer. I don't have any critters that with stir it up so hopefully it will stay how it is...we'll see. I'm still not ready to post an FTS. I'm having a bit of an algae bloom and as soon as it subsides I'll post one for y'all. :)

I've also added a few corals to the tank. Here's some recent pics.

Gorgeous green zoos:

Greenies.jpg

A couple very tiny acan frags:

RedPurpleAcan.jpg

GrayAcan.jpg

Here's a shot of my GSP and GPE polyps that I received from Todd at Fragpack.com. They're very pretty...Thanks Todd! :D And if you notice towards the bottom is a feather duster that came in on some zoos. Poor thing's tube was crushed in the shipment so he left it and finally made his new home in the rock. One of the weirdest things I've seen...it swam! :huh:

Edge.jpg

More great pics!

You're very cruel to hold back the FTS. I can't see much algae in the coral shots you just posted. :P

Sweet Acanthastrea frags btw.

Best regards

Ann

Thanks Icenine! Yeah, Todd's been really nice to work with. I have a couple more frags coming from him that will probably make their way into the pico too. :P

Thanks Ann! I know, I'm just being mean...heh. It's mostly diatoms that are on the gravel and the glass. You really can't see it in the pics and it's not really that bad but in an FTS shot it's noticable. Aside from that, not everything is where I want it so I want to wait until things are more in order. I have frags here, there and everywhere! Besides it's so much more exciting this way isn't it? hee. :D

Todd is from FragPack.com, his online name is B16A2NR. He sells frags in the classifieds once in a while.

Here's a close up of the GPE polyps from him:

GPE.jpg

The ones in my nano are more purple but that's probably because of the lighting.

Archived