Pod Your Reef

[CRACKED] Daemonfly

Daemonfly

Entry pic:

entry-t.jpg

Btw... if you can notice it, the right rear corner is higher than the rest of the trim >_<

Damn poor silicone jobs :(

Edit: ....and, no, I'm not putting in a blue tang slap.gif

All images converted to thumbnail links.

EDIT: Sump dimension pics ~4g

sumpL-t.jpg

sumpW-t.jpg

sumpH-t.jpg

# of cracked tanks so far: 1

Cut hole with my rotozip bit, perfect cuts. Switched to diamond drum to round the hole up just a tad more, and it chipped it to hell. Slightlest pressure when trying the durso variant, CRACK!

:(

Off to petsmart.... Yay for $5 cupon though...

I was Thinking of Puting a Blue Tang in Mine. But my LFS told me Id have it in there like 1 week It was FREAKIN SMALL....

my LFS has a fish that looks like a tang but,

The Quarter I had in my poket was bigger than the Fish.

ill see if i can get a pic in my topic

I was Thinking of Puting a Blue Tang in Mine. But my LFS told me Id have it in there like 1 week It was FREAKIN SMALL....

my LFS has a fish that looks like a tang but,

The Quarter I had in my poket was bigger than the Fish.

ill see if i can get a pic in my topic

I hope you're kidding, as a blue tang shouldn't be anywhere near a 25g, let alone a 2.5g...

looks intresting

How's it look interesting? Only pic is a stock 2.5g! ;)

Gotta get pics up tomorrow, but I'll describe whats goin on so far.

Siliconed in my cobalt blue plexi background. This goes on the inside as it has a tiny section up top that comes out and acts as an internal horizontal overflow. Not a seperate chamber. Plexi is siliconed right to the back glass, but comes out about 1" at top to overflow into an external durso. This will feed down to a custom acrylic sump that I've yet to make.

Return will come up into a 1/4" loc-line manifold system for better/proper random current tank flow.

Hood is a custom DIY Maple piece with 2x18w 50/50 bulbs. Also has 2 fans that draw air from a custom air chamber that pulls the air across the bulbs, then up and out the back.

Corals will be various softies and LPS. Critters, not sure about, but may move my porcelain crab over and go with some small sexy shrimps, unless I come across something a bit more interesting.

Got my Loc-line in today for the 2.5g and my 29g. Popped the 1/4" stuff together and took some pics of the overflow & return plumbing.

sidepreview-t.jpg

topfrontpreview-t.jpg

Is that a spraybar on your carpet?
it's LEGOS! :P

jk, is that the calfo manifold design? (i thought of it first, grumblegrumble)

are you going to silicone it in-place under the frame? or is it going to rest on the frame?

It's 1/4" loc-line from www.modularhose.com (circle flow kit plus other various pieces). I liked the Horizontal overflow setups and manifold returns that Anthony Calfo commonly suggested, so I just adapted them to work with a 2.5g. I can rotate the pieces of loc-line on a vertical axis to variate flow.

ALso got some 1/2" loc-line for my 29g manifold setup. This will have the loc-line comming out of pvc T's and with it's flexibleness, you can aim it anywhere in tank.

Lots of varied flow is a hell of a lot better than a small number of large streams from a single return or powerhead.

Closeup of the manifold/spray bar.

spraybar-t.jpg

Considering drilling out the holes slightly larger. It would weaken the nozzle, so I'd have to be more careful when adjusting.

For mounting, I will be drilling 1/8" holes around the inside lip on the plastic trim. I will then use black plastic zip-ties to keep it in place. Easily removeable by just snipping off the zip-ties, and they're extremely cheap, so not worried about having to replace them if I ever do have to remove it.

Ok, some new updates.

Full tank shot as it sits now. Still have to build fuge and hook up rest of plumbing (hose barbs on back of tank plumbing).

fullshot10-23-t.jpg

Top of tank showing all tank plumbing installed.

tanktop-t.jpg

Rear shot of hood showing 2 fans (need wired still) and Workhorse 3 ballast for the 2x18w 50/50 bulbs.

rearhood-t.jpg

Inside of hood showing lighting. Reflector is 6" chrome tape from autoparts store. More reflective than pics show. Notice no fan holes inside hood?

insidehood-t.jpg

Omg... where's the fan holes go?

insidehoodrear-t.jpg

daemonfly

just wanted to say im looking forward to your tank..... i wish i could participate in this contest, but i dont have enough money to set up a third aquarium and dont have the experiance to compete with everyone. Ill just be content in watching all you geniuses pull off amazing stuff. Loving the set up so far, keep us updated!

Well, a [sTOCK] tank wouldn't be too pricey, and I don't expect to win really, just wanted to apply some ideas I had and have fun with the contest.

Archived