Innovative Marine Aquariums

[CUSTOM] Tigahboy

Tigahboy

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha. i'm still on the fence whether i should post my progress little by little as it gets done or in big chunks (but less frequent).

Just wondering if it's ok to drill these smaller tanks on the bottom. I have a 10g drilled on the bottom with a stand pipe attached to the bulkhead and was a little worried about it cracking. Do you think that is an issue with the glass being so thin with rock and water weight on it?

Okay, updates for today then...

pico04.jpg

pico05.jpg

Just wondering if it's ok to drill these smaller tanks on the bottom. I have a 10g drilled on the bottom with a stand pipe attached to the bulkhead and was a little worried about it cracking. Do you think that is an issue with the glass being so thin with rock and water weight on it?

Yes, I believe it is an issue. Definitely very easy to crack these guys. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing that for these thin picos.

your 10g should be fine tho.

Tis true, The suspense is brutal.

'03 - the way to be!

Finally! An 03 decides to speak up! hahah. good to see ur still around. you entering the contest?

Just cause your gonna throw in the priciest corals doesnt mean you will win Tigah.

This is why i like this pico contest. Its not about who has the most money, or nicest coral, and since its only 2.5, its gonna come down to skill.

This isnt a prop tank tigah.. Good Luck.

Just cause your gonna throw in the priciest corals doesnt mean you will win Tigah.

This is why i like this pico contest. Its not about who has the most money, or nicest coral, and since its only 2.5, its gonna come down to skill.

This isnt a prop tank tigah.. Good Luck.

Haha. you think my game plan is simply to place the priciest corals in my pico? Give me a lil more credit than that plz. And to put my money where my mouth is, I won't even stick a single pricy LPS in this pico. ;)

Ahead of schedule, since socalcreations is still making my pico. But I'll go ahead and give you guys more details about my set-up. Here's the design for my pico tank. The 2.5g AGA is merely the sump.

picov3.jpg

(RL = REALLY Long)

but wait. there's more!

....on second thought, i'll just wait til I get the tank in hand to show y'all the rest of it. ;)

i think i might have a fairly good thought as to what you're doing. lol. i'm mad if that's truly what you're doing though...cuz now everyone is going to copy you and blah blah blah. then when i set up my big tank the 'key' feature won't seem so interesting anymore. lame. anyway, how bout you put the 2.5g contest on hold and come visit nor-cal? :)

Hehe. the custom tank itself isn't going to be the highlight of the set-up. My "secret weapon" will be revealed at a later time. =) And no, it has nothing to do w/ pricy corals.

yoshiod - ;)

Archived