SaltCritters.com

GSP, take em out or not?

Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe

To accomidate some new stuff I did some major aquascaping on Sunday.  Part of this involved fragging my GSP colony and moving half of it (along with it's respective rock) across the tank.  Both halves opened with the lights the next morning but have since closed.  One colony I don't think likes it's new placement, the other is being annoyed too much by the new coral banded shrimp that climbs on it.  I really don't have the flexability anymore to move things, and don't want to further stress things so I've decided to just let the GSP colonys sit and see how they do.  If it becomes apparent that they're not going to make it should I remove them as much as I can with a razor blade or just let them gradually die off while monitoring water parameters and doing water changes if necessary?

junglejim83

Give them to someone, or sell them.  Dont let 'em die! there are always people around who would love to get a coral like gsp, especially for cheap or free

-Jim-

NanoReefer53

if the rock is flat enough, slide a surgical razor blade under it and remove it. Rubberband em down to another rock and you can trade that.

Archived