Pod Your Reef

[CUSTOM] paco1l1d

paco1l1d

Thanks for the great comment Ann, The nem prttey much stays put now that its found a nice hole to put its foot in. It did move a little when I first got it, but didnt really kill or sting anything, and it has really settled down.

I will have a few more pics just as soon as things settle down around here, just added an acan that I got for FREE!, a small ric, and another blasto.

Well I got rid of the bubble moved it to the anemone corner of my main tank, and upgraded the lighting to a 9" 18 watt coralife power compact fixture. I moved the nem because I put my blastos and acan a little to close and when it got up to a size I didn't know it could get to stung the s**t out of them, plus I didn't like having to feed it, was really getting some surface film. The blasos and acan could recover as there is still a little tissue and atleast one whole polyp on each frag, keep your fingers crossed. I hate to kill things.

Well I had promised pics so here they are. Sorry it took so long, many new upgrades. I changes out the sand gravel mix for gray ocilite(is that right?), and I upgraded the lighting to a 9" 18 watt, coralife fixtue with actinic and a 10000K bulb but will be swaping out the actinic for another 10000K I just cant stand the coralife actinics they SUCK!

A FTS

Mvc-011s.jpg

so this pic really sucks but it is they best I can do at the time, I have a few things from my main tank as I am having problems with the ny sump/refugium. The green toadstool is not a permanate resident along with the large pink zoa/palys. And the large xenia will be moved into the main to replace the pompom that was lost.

The new blasos

Mvc-012s.jpg

this picture really doesn't do them justace the left is almost blood red with bright green centers, and the right has almost teal centers with a few sploches of brown.

ANd the Free acan

Mvc-013s.jpg

well this was three polyps but the anemone got to it and reduced that nuber to one but the remaining polyp is doing well.

oh man, that would suck! If i got a free acan and it got beat up, i would be ###ed! haha, but then again, thats because I dont have any acans and would love some...... keep up the good work man

Ouch, sorry to hear that your Acanthastrea took a bit of a beating from the anemone. :( Still keep feeding that remaining head and it'll be back to 3 in no time at all. :)

I love the green leather, pity they grow so big and so fast too.

Best regards

Ann

Thanks guys,

The acan Is doing much better, I have feed it but only about one mysid shrimp.

Ann, Suprisingly this green is one of the slowest growing toadstools I've had, so hopefully it wont outgrow this tank anytime soon. Of couse I could always frag it if it does, I have had a lot of offers for frags here in Colorado.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I figured it was WAY past time for an update, many new addidions but sorry no pics the cameras on the fritz hopefully it will be replaced in a few days here.

Added,

brownish clown goby

5 new mushrooms of assorted colors

1 ric.

Removed,

Pinks protos.

okay it may not seem like much but it seems like alot in such a little tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ann, the acan is show great signs of regrowth the one polyp left has show great growth, and has even budded off a "baby" polyp.

I added a pink and green frogspawn that a friend gave to me.

This things sting is sooo powerful, it has even stung me. just kinda like a very mild bee sting but some how the clown goby has the ability to purch on it. really weird.

Archived