inTank Media Baskets

[STOCK] chuck22689

chuck22689

i was planing on doing that yesterday but the washing machine decided to blow up so now im waiting for my buddy to get home so i can use his. cant wait to see what everybody elses tank looks like

thanks travis i got the hood done today well see how well it holds up hopfully i can frag a couple of my zoos latter in the week to go in there too

well hears the hood

hoodtwo.jpg

hoodone.jpg

thanks fluid. I have a small update checkd the prams today nitrate and nitrite were ok but the amonia was off the charts gess i shouldnt have put that pice of dried out live rock in there. i also got my 20 watt screw in bulb today and set up my ato now i just have to finish diling it in well ill check the prams again saturday or sunday and see where we are good luck everybody

yea stuff in my tank checked the parameters when i got back to school on sat. and everyting was fine so i decided to try and frag some zoos to go in the tank was a little apprehensive as this is the first time ive tried this but it seems to have gone pretty well here are the pics

zoosgreen.jpg

and here is the shroom i plan on putting in there

shroomone.jpg

can anybody give me some advice on how to remove this from the shell its on id like to place it on some of my liverock instead

and finally a pic ove the tatoo my roomate wants to get he had me draw it on his back so he could see how it would look hopefully a real artist could get it drawn right

roomesnewtat.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

here are some more recent pics of my tank i redid the rockwork and added some new things

starpolyps.jpg

a full tank shot

fts2.jpg

and finally a pic of my new little friend

littlebuddy.jpg

Hate to break it to ya but that fish is going to starve in your system. They need mature tanks with filamentous algae to graze on. They don't eat prepared foods. Sorry, man.

i dont wont this little guy to starve does anybody have any suggestions on what i can do. i dont really want to take him back to the lfs. if he wont take prepared food maybe i can find somebody here who will take him. i only paid 8 bucks for him. any suggestions

• 2 weeks later...

quick update just to let people see whats been going on nov22b.jpg

and also nov22a.jpg

can anybody tell me what is happing to my zoa in the first pic its been like that for about 2 weeks it doesnt seem to be shrinking it just has that ring around it

also i still have the fish i didnt want to take him back to the lfs but dont want to hurt him he seems to be doing fine and is usually out and about while im not there any suggestins on what to do with him anybody want him

can anybody tell me what is happing to my zoa in the first pic its been like that for about 2 weeks it doesnt seem to be shrinking it just has that ring around it

also i still have the fish i didnt want to take him back to the lfs but dont want to hurt him he seems to be doing fine and is usually out and about while im not there any suggestins on what to do with him anybody want him

Can't quite tell from the pic, does it look like the polyp is covered with a white film or do you see any slug / nudibranchs around the polyps? From the pics it appears that most are not fully extended which they should be normally - zoa's usually don't like direct flow so make sure that your power filter output is not going directly on them. As for the fish, is it eating? Usually when I get a wild fish and its not eating well - I try frozen / live first and then eventually if I'm lucky I get it to eat / supplement flake. Make sure you change your water if you are feeding cyclo or any other frozen food since it will foul your water fast in such a small tank.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

update and question first a few pics

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

then a question does anybody know what is producing this slime this pic was taken right after i did a water change but the slime is horrable and is coming from some hard protrusions that are all over the rock

d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

quick update i havent added anything latley but will be hitting lucies for some frags latter this week. before heading back to school. the only problem ive got is that my fish has dissapeared i have no clue what happend to him but he is deffentally gone i even picked up the rocks after he was missing for 4 days and cant find him the only other inhabatents are a single red leg crab and a snail could they have eaten him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived