Cultivated Reef

PICO CONTEST POLL

Gilman

PICO CONTEST POLL  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should UK Reefers be allowed to use a 3.3 Gallon Tank in the Pico Contest?

• Yes, in both categories
    • No, in neither category
    • Only In Basic/Stock Category
    • Only In Custom Category

Out of 63 votes there were 51 people who voted to let UK reefers participate in one way or another, and only 12 no votes. That is convincing enough for me to think that the majority of the Nano-Reef.com community, especially those taking part in this contest, are fine with our UK brethren competing without having to spend 11ty billion dollars on their tank (if they don't want to).

Chi Squared P-Value: 0.0003~ Fails at 99%. I couldn't agree more!

thanks for the prompt reply

do we need to partition the rear 2 inches to have the same dimensions?

will not be using hob filter, as guess what, they arent common over here either!

with regards to prizes, in the ever so unlikely event of winning one!, i would like to suggest it be sold / or monetary value donated to a suitable charity.

thanks again

brianm

You do not need to modify the tank. If you do partition it off to make it the tank the same size as the US competitors, it can't have water behind it or it would be considered a false back.

ps. if you make it the same size as US competitors that would make people who voted no happier probably.

pss. good idea with unlikely prize scenario. :flower:

• 1 month later...
Blind Tree Frog

To late for this, but since this thread popped back up, an idea for the future i guess:

will not be using hob filter, as guess what, they arent common over here either!

If HOB's aren't common over there anyhow, forbidding Euro reefers from using HOB's would probably even out the difference. They get some extra volume from the tank size and lose some volume due to the pump, but 'Merican reefers get that same volume (if not less) from an HOB if they choose. Probably makes it no big deal in the end.

Archived