Coral Vue Hydros

PICO CONTEST POLL

Gilman

PICO CONTEST POLL  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should UK Reefers be allowed to use a 3.3 Gallon Tank in the Pico Contest?

• Yes, in both categories
    • No, in neither category
    • Only In Basic/Stock Category
    • Only In Custom Category

So in the UK it seems the closest tank to the standard 2.5 we have here in the States is 12"x8"x8" for a total of 3.3 Gallons.

So the question is, should UK reefers be allowed to participate with their low cost equivalent or should they be made to pay for custom tanks to compete?

Thanks for voting.

If someone wants to enter the contest, I think they should accept the facts of their situation and deal with them acordingly... example: I have a full load at college, a kid due to be born any minute now, and work to boot... but, I have accepted the fact that I will just have to work extra hard at fitting this contest into my schedule.

The moral of the story: if you are in the UK, get a custom tank made, make one yoursef, order one from the US, or don't enter... those are your options. Preferential treatment based on where someone lives, how old they are, how much experiance they have would just break up the whole concept of the contest IMHO.

Jared

I say only in the stock category. If they are going custom, they can build/mod a tank to work in the specified params...

i say only in the custom because think about oit BASIC...if minibows arnt alowed in the basic than neither should the 3.3g more room for corals...and al that jazz....to me the extra water isnt much of a deal its just the extra sapce for corals..let them play but not in basic

i say only in the custom because think about oit BASIC...if minibows arnt alowed in the basic than neither should the 3.3g more room for corals...and al that jazz....to me the extra water isnt much of a deal its just the extra sapce for corals..let them play but not in basic

Let them have their fun, if you tank is meant to win then you shouldn't be worried about the little bit of extra space. I say BOTH CATs

Why even have this discussion when the rules say 2.5????????? So they get a bigger tank and everyone else goes by the rules. Maybe they should wait until nano-reef. com has a 3.3 gallon contest!!

Why even have this discussion when the rules say 2.5????????? So they get a bigger tank and everyone else goes by the rules. Maybe they should wait until nano-reef. com has a 3.3 gallon contest!!

One of the UK people asked about this in the rules discussion thread. I wasn't sure how the community as a whole would feel about this, so I figured I would go ahead and start a poll to find out. With some of the rules, final decisions have been made, but I figured when it came to excluding those in the UK from using their low price alternative in either contest, I would ask the community for their input.

No way I dont meen to be meen but this is a 2.5 contest that would be totall bull if they get to use a 3.3 if they do than they would be getting special privlages making the contest bias.

What about a UK-only category(s)?

Even if they win the current categories, all the prizes are from over here, so they'd have to pay the extra shipping. Any way to get some UK sponsors?

What about all of them going in on a group buy and seeing if they can get one of their stores to ship in a pallet or whatever of 2.5g tanks?

What about a UK-only category(s)?

Too much of PITA it would seem to me...

But you bring up a good point about the prizes. I'm sure that anyone thinking of taking part from the UK is already painfully aware of that fact though.

I say let them play, personally it does not bother me that they will have the extra space.

what about it?

having spent the last week looking for a tank of those dimensions, we just dont have them over here. it would be possible to order a tank of that size but at a far greater cost. i think its reasonable for us to section off the rear 2 inches in the tank to make it 12 x 6 x 8 inches.

thanks and hoping to take part in the stock

brianm

FINAL WORD.

UK Reefers will be allowed to complete in either contest. For those of you who do not agree with this, I apologize. Please remember this is supposed to be a fun, affordable (as far as reefs go) contest for everyone here in the community.

Out of 63 votes there were 51 people who voted to let UK reefers participate in one way or another, and only 12 no votes. That is convincing enough for me to think that the majority of the Nano-Reef.com community, especially those taking part in this contest, are fine with our UK brethren competing without having to spend 11ty billion dollars on their tank (if they don't want to).

Note to UK reefers....All non domestic shipping costs involved with prizes would need to be covered by the winner, which means UK reefers would mainly be playing for glory (shipping would be very expensive). I'm not even sure if you can even ship corals overseas..if not, it rules out alot of the prizes that are available.

Thanks to everyone for voting.

Archived